1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Will She Get Offended?

Discussion in 'Social' started by illuminating_anchor, Oct 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    I had a smell with the new little Impulse deodorant from my girlfriend mate and I think its smells really good. Want to get it for my girlfriend as I think her deodorant is not that great, would that offend her? I really like the purple one...will chicks use it?

has anyone smelt them as well?? myimpulse.com.au/MiniCollection.aspx
    there are four flavours but i like the purple one the most, i think they are better than some perfume LMAO at least cheaper anyways.

1. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  2. batgirl

batgirl I'm a VIP

I haven't smelled any of them, but they look nice. I'd probably try them out. But personally I wouldn't just give her deodorant by itself, maybe if you got her a little gift basket with soap, hand cream, shower gel or whatever and included the deordorant. If someone gave me deodorant by itself I'd think they were trying to tell me in a subtle way that I stink. I'd be suspicious and possibly offended depending on who it was giving it to me.

3. cactus_jack

cactus_jack Well-Known Member

Just give it to her and ask her what she thinks of it. IF she asks why tell her because you like it and think she'll smell great with it. Don't tell her about not liking her deodorant.

4. Awakening

Awakening Well-Known Member

If I got deodorant, I would be offended. Seriously.
    Plus Impulse is for 14 - 18 year olds.

Buy flowers instead.

Or as Batgirl has suggested if you did a pampering kit and mixed it in with a mini champagne, chocolates, bubble bath.. maybe just maybe.

But deodorant on it's own? Dangerous terriority!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

5. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Yep definitely dangerous territory there. You say this girl is your mate rather than girlfriend. However. Doesn't matter. Though some women may not be offended, wouldn't take the chance. Wouldn't buy deodorant for my daughter or my wife, let alone any other woman. Just looking for trouble.

Jim.

6. permban0077

permban0077 Policy Enforcement Banned

Have to agree with the general consensus. You are asking for trouble. Big maybe on the care package though the pamper packs of lotions, scented salts, new bath sponge, body sprays... you get the idea, is the standard, never seen deodorants in them and it would make me think I smell bad.

7. Kathy

Kathy I'm a VIP

I would agree as others have said that you are best to leave this one alone. Perhaps if the scent you like comes in bath and body product form, as some scents do, you could purchase that for her, however never deodorant. Never. Aside from possibly seeming rude, deodorant is a very personal product which you generally don't purchase for others. Additionally, whilst you may not like her current deodorant, she may very well like it, and may be offended simply on that account.

8. cactus_jack

cactus_jack Well-Known Member

Oppps! Guess I am a minority here!

9. i ended up buying it for her. she loves it and said it was really handy to place in her little bag and convenient to just pull it out when she's out clubbing. Does anyone else use it?

10. Awakening

Awakening Well-Known Member

Do you work for Impulse or something?

11. permban0077

permban0077 Policy Enforcement Banned

You are one lucky guy... Know you got lucky this time and next time buy flowers hee hee!

12. Kathy

Kathy I'm a VIP

Illuminating, I am a trifle confused. As Veiled says you are "one lucky guy", however you are female according to your profile? I believe many thought you were a man when we posted advice to you, I know I did. Sorry for the mistake.

If you are female however, why were you asking if women would like this product as you are a woman yourself?