• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Will this get better

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please do not reply further to my posts, She Cat. I have no need to bare my soul to you. I suppose you are trying to be helpful; however I find it not to be so.

What exactly have you tried to get out of your head??????
I think you jumped to a conclusion. You obviously meant this statement to elicit a list of treatments attempted. From the OP answer its obvious she took your statement to mean what feelings/thoughts she wanted "out of her head", which is what she answered. To jump from that to she had done "nothing" is quite mean-spirited, especially based off of a reasonable interpretation of a vague inquiry.

To the OP, please do not let "cattiness" on the interwebs upset you. (honesty no pun intended, best descriptive term) Its the net you have to take EVERYTHING with a grain of salt mixed in usually with tons of BS.

One awesome thing you did and are doing, is posting here.... and already you mood has lightened some by making yourself do some physical movement.... We have hundreds of things we do each day to help our self... we get up when we don't want to, we eat when we are not hungry, we drink water and want to gag, but we drink it.... we tell others who understand how we are feeling, we take that risk..... and you took the initiative to read around the forum....and got some answers !!!!! So yes, you are doing many things that are helping....
Never underestimate your own drive to survive and live....
This journey sucks a lot of the time... and then we have little miracles.... and we hang on for a little while longer, until things change where we see that they have.. a good day... a whole good day.... so you know it's possible... you are doing and being awesome.... you reached out and that is a very scary 'doing something'..... so keep letting us know how you are doing.... we are here for you, you are not alone... gentle hugs if you accept.

Had appointment with counselor today. Actually I was pleasantly surprised.

She was very easy to talk to. We are going to work on getting me stabilized before delving into the trauma work.

Also for awhile I need to stop overloading myself with info cause it is making it worse at this time.

Actually she was quite cool!!!!!!!

I had myself so worked up almost did not go...so glad I did not chicken out.

Thanks for your support.

Stabilization is VERY important! I urge you to put as much into learning grounding skills, coping skills, and self care skills as you can. :hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back