• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Women - Periods Becoming Irregular With Ptsd?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSpydah

New Here
Did anyone else experience menstrual irregularities following trauma, like periods coming much earlier than expected, or later, or skipping altogether?

Definitely! I still usually miss at least one period each year due to stress.

If you're concerned about it and feel comfortable with the idea, it wouldn't be a bad idea to see a doctor to regulate your period, because hormones can have an effect on your mood and ability to manage your symptoms.

Yes, absolutely. Mine were as regular as clockwork for years, but completely stopped for six months after I was sexually assaulted and have fluctuated with my stress levels since then. There are other things that can cause this too, like thyroid or other hormone problems, or over-excercising (and some people are just naturally irregular).

I spent last fall doing a lot of PE therapy, in attempt to tackle some massive trauma memeories that happend between Oct-Jan, in my past.

We worked deeply, non stop for months. Guess what left? Yep, my period. From November till the following March. And I've been 100% clock work my whole life.

My body was shit pissed! I also got a ragging case of pneumonia, two UTIs, and two cases of strep that winter.

Yep, heavy stress will cause my hormones to go into disarray. Taking Pregnenalone will regulate things if they're wonky, but i get some weird effects from that. Not bad enough to stop taking it, the good definitely outweighs the bad here! I'd rather have a high libido than 2 weeks of cramping and other symptoms any day!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back