• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

News Women Rebound From Trauma Best

Status
Not open for further replies.
It only points out that women are more susceptible to getting PTSD from trauma. One has to factor in such things as the percentage of traumatic events both sexes encounter and what percentage from that devellop PTSD, respective emotional makeup backgrounds, and if hormones play a key role in the development of PTSD.

I would say that women are more apt to seek out help for this than men, which probably is why they successfully complete and keep with therapies that are offered.

Risk is another preceding good search before resilience... as those studies highlight many aspects to what places either sex at more risk for the development of later disorders. There are two articles that will appear in coming newsletters, one risk, one resilience, which will certainly start some interesting conversations about this, and have the necessary citations linked for people to start their own research.

Great article and fascinating information from those women survivors. Wow!

Anthony, Thanks for sharing it here and yes I believe in this fact. Women can heal from anything and with much speed.

Edit: I think women can do any miracle because they have power to give birth. Process of delivery is too painful to go through.

Some places I have read some women feel like new life after giving birth.

Not real sure women can heal from anything, or perform any miracle, period... women are simply at a greater percentage to rebound more effectively from trauma than men, due to the emotional connect females have to interpret what they feel, then talk about those feelings and express what they feel, at any given time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back