• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Woohoo My Student Loans Were Officially Discharged!

• Thread starter Deleted member 1860
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Congratulations! I'm starting this process in a few months. Not so much for PTSD but for a degenerative neurological condition. I can't wait for them to stop calling and emailing me.

If you are completely and permanently disabled, such as being on Social Security Disability, and won'...
Does this mean if I have PTSD but work part time, I can't get student loan forgiveness? I am unable to work full time.

If there is a possibility for work, your student loans won't be forgiven.
The form specifically states it must be signed by an MD or PHD, and that there is NO possibility for you to work now or in the future. If you are working, and cannot afford the payments, you can apply for an IBR (Income based repayment) plan. Which can help work out a payment that is suitable to you. Right now, while we still have Obama, you might even be eligible to have no payments, the interest will still accrue, but the government will pay the interest payments. There are several options available that are worth talking over with your school loan provider.

Mine were forgiven July17th 2017. I cant work, but my husband does, so I have to pay taxes due to his income. I'm not even a year into monitoring. Does anyone know when it is reported to the IRS, and when I will get a 1099?

Also, after they are forgiven, you can work part time and still keep the forgiveness, just have to make below the poverty level for a two person family regardless of how many dependents you have. I can't work right now, but I'm hoping I'll be able to, at least a little, in the future.

They have a 3 year monitoring period where you have to submit proof of any earned income for those...
Government slime! They live to make our lives miserable I think. There isn't a government agency out there that has any compassion or empathy. We're just a number to them. And what makes it worse is watching all the crooks in our government get away with all their crimes against the American people while they line their pockets with millions. What's going to happen when our economy tanks? And it will, the dollar will collapse and the following depression will make 1929 look like a cake walk. But, the people are starting to wake up to all the corruption.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow! How were you even able to do that? I thought only teachers and public servants could get rid of them after 10 years of making payments!
If you are permanently and totally disabled and unable to work, and a licensed physician signs the certification with your application, then your federal student loans will be discharged. If you received Social Security Disability income (SSDI), that is proof of your disability. My capitalized loans of over $300,000.00 were discharged because of my permanent and total disability. I am very grateful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back