• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Words Of Wisdom - Posts That Stay With You

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandstone

MyPTSD Pro
I wanted to make a place to put pieces of posts that resonate positively for us. I find sometimes I read something at just the right time, and the wisdom in it stays in my head and helps me move on. By the time I know that that post has been significant to me, the thread has moved on or finished.

Recently Shimmerz wrote

blow her idea out that tough love, which can be a cute little phrase for 'abuse', is the best love out there…. Leave your mother and her tough love energy in the neighbours gutter. It was a lie. It was all a f*ing lie.

I had -have - been fighting a losing battle not to beat myself up, believing that I had - have - no other way to way to motivate myself. Those words " It was all a lie. It was all a f*ing lie" are the single most effective way I've found to stop, break ,and turn round. Next stage - eventually, a long way off yet - praising myself as I'd praise someone I love. Thank you @shimmerz

Last edited:
There are so many. So many brilliant people and ideas here. I will have to go look for more. It took me a bit to find this - but OMG if I had this in me....It gives me a great visualization - something better to do then spin out when people are being ass holes.

Eyelids half hood, corners of my mouth turn up, I lean back in my chair. Might light a smoke or lock my fingers behind my head. I look very, very lazy.

The meme is: I may look calm, but I've already killed you in my head 3 times.

I am really glad that helped you @stenni. It's what this is all about right?
And I will pass the baton. Thank you @FridayJones

Bloom in Winter has a great post in her diary, but I can't move it to a more public area without her permission. She realized, basically that she was misreading unsafe people situations by thinking/feeling "what is wrong with me?". Rang bells for me because for a long time that's what I thought as well. She and I are better at giving toxic people the boot now. It has to do with the stress/anxiety of not feeling safe basically and it being more acceptable in a weird way to turn it inward (what's wrong with me?) rather than feel unsafe. Can't phrase it as well as she did. It's her last post though, today at Chalkdust.

Maybe the moderators, if possible, could add a feature that if a post gets x number of likes, it goes on a "best of" list. That's probably going to involve some engineering work. In lieu of that, perhaps there's a way to search for high likes or something.

Just thinking out loud, er...typing out...nevermind.

But there are so many, and a lot of them are buried in threads. You would have to read entire threads to find the one nugget.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back