• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Words - They Come Out One Way, Mean Another - Word Interpretation

Status
Not open for further replies.

madjon

Confident
i have been thinking about this for a while, words i use and know what i mean but actually mean something else to most people, earlier today i was quite zoned out- i was not completely aware of my surroundings,not out of a zone or parking area
i was space walking- feeling bouncy empty and weightless, not actually in orbit,
was blurring- when i get a bit of blurring in the vision afterimages or sometimes colours which make things look a bit like a technicolour trip like when i blink, not listening to music from a band
tripped out- weird like being stoned- having trouble grasping whats going on,
or technicolour trip- being a term for cylocibine or acid,and trippy stuff.colours weird stuff etc,
the phrase which i use sometimes though which got me thinking today was i said to someone if im not in and am a bit spaced out dont worry too much,
i meant if im there physically but no one seems to be in mentally then im still ok just a bit spaced out, this was taken to mean by them if i wasnt physically in the building i was elsewhere daydreaming.
so what words or phrases do you use where you know what you mean but sometimes others just get the wrong meaning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back