• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Working bubbles up anxiety

• Thread starter Deleted member 37474
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 37474

I woke up today in 2017. A good feeling of normalcy after a mentally turbulent 5 days. Only problem is, I was working on administrative things aka billing and scheduling in my self owned business. Everything was fine, then I noticed a fraudulent thing on my pay pal account that I can't call about til tomorrow since it is a holiday. This has set off a bubbling feeling of anxiety energy and a sense of panic with my schedule. I am having this irrational fear that all of my money is going to disappear and can't focus on what I really need to get done. Afraid to invoice because people will pay and then the money could leave. How can I deal with this?

So... how did you deal with this?
That happened a while back. My go to for anxiety is walking my dog and smoking pot when it gets really bad. Talking to my calm husband also helped. He is very rational and stable around the stuff that stresses me out. I just hate the way it hits. The rush of anxiety, that is. I honestly don't understand why I am not medicated or have a medication to calm an attack. I will lay in bed at night til 2:30 am feeling that intense stress even with no thoughts attached to it. Saw new T today and we talked a lot about my anxiety but it was the first visit so that is as far as it got. Did a ptsd test and scored higher than the requirements for military, so I guess I still have it.

I woke up today in 2017. A good feeling of normalcy after a mentally turbulent 5 days. Only problem is,...
I know that was a while back, just wanted to put my 2cents in...just because you have extreme anxiety reaction to something, doesn't mean it's not an actual issue to be prepared of. Of course money as with anything can never be 100% safe no matter what you do....BUT even with Paypal(which I've used for 7 years and never had issues with) something can happen. Being cautious with money is normal. Of course, it's not nice having anxiety reaction to it.

But I do think that while it's nice getting help for your anxiety, you can always get another degree of security to this, which is what I do. Usually I would withdraw money from PP to my bank account the moment I get them. But even if you don't do that, I would say...just separate them. Part in your PP account, part in your bank account, or 2 bank accounts. That can help separate savings from other money and add one more degree of security- if anything were to happen you wouldn't be left with nothing. Also probably you'd be glad to know that this DID happen to a family member of mine, someone hacked his PP account and took out over 1000$...but he contacted PP immediately and they were able to reverse the transaction and retrieve the money...so yeah, even if it happened, you can deal with the situation. But I would say diversifying where you keep your money is always good idea no matter who you are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back