1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

World is Turning PTSD Crazy

Discussion in 'General' started by anthony, Apr 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

I was just checking through the related PTSD news, and come across this little story about how a softball player coming back from an ankle injury, isn't playing the same. Sports doctors are saying its a form of sports trauma PTSD. And if your laughing too hard at the moment at just how stupid these ****en doctors are becoming about PTSD, then get this bit, as they answered their own question within the damn statement.
    Firstly, PostTraumatic Stress Syndrome is not PTSD, it is PTSS, and actually is classified that way, and I doubt anyone could get that even from a sport injured ankle playing softball... Gee, I must of missed these parts within the symptoms and diagnosis of PTSD!

All this shows, is that the world truly is turning to morons to base our future upon. All this says to me, is that people are looking for excuses across every aspect of life to get in on the PTSD frenzy and diagnose people for everything and anything than can...

F*ck me, life is traumatic by itself, but you don't get diagnosed with PTSD at birth, do you? Half brained dead shits once again populating news sources for nothing other than something to do.

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. doobie

doobie Active Member

Well PTSD is post traumatic stress disorder (new name for the new age) and now its either just ptsd or complex so doctors can explain away there misgivings easier, but piglet I have read some of your posts, and I gotta tell you I can feel for you. I too was revisiting certain family members responsible and one day I wanted to smash everything in site that was there. I mean the intense rage and disowned myself though after several years of not seeing my mum she has entered my life with (WELL AT LEAST IT STOPPED WITH YOU AND GET OVER IT ITS IN THE PAST.). I Look at the scums and think I have survived you pigs and am and always will be better people than you.
    I have been through years of all kinds of horrid abuse. Sorry if I am coming across wrong I have just joined in here, but relieved to see others feel the anger of no justice and wrong doing too.
    Hang in cause I think the more I do I do for other survivors so the sickos don't get ahead...and you are worth it to...hope to have chats with you doobie

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2013
  4. anthony

Doobie,

Venting is what this place is for. Learning, sharing, helping one another, and just outright venting when you need too. It is better out than in.

5. madjon

madjon Active Member

Being terribly horribly traumatised then they will of course have to sue for large quantities of money which of course will have a split going to the docs for certifying the case. Am I being cynical? In sports you fall down you get up, you twist your ankle then take a few weeks off get better boots and get back in the game, all it is is a confidence knock, wouldn't call it particularly life scarringly traumatic.

zaniara and Simply Simon like this.
  6. anthony

Exactly... These minority of physicians who are out to get a name for themselves are merely going to brand the majority of physicians with the same brush. All thats going to do is make those with actual PTSD more sceptical off actually seeking professional help through them, because of reading such rot as they are releasing to the world.

7. piglet

piglet Well-Known Member

Going off at a tangent here - don't mean to offend anybody, but: was this ankle injury that caused "ptsd" received by a football player? You would never see a rugby player even admitting that an injury hurt, they just get bandaged to stop spilling bloody everywhere and carry on playing, yet football players stub their toe and it's the end of their career. Bunch of babies - they should experience real trauma, then they would have something to complain about.

TheBubzilla likes this.
  8. YoungAndAngry

YoungAndAngry Well-Known Member

Exactly... I'm sure he's not having flashbacks about his sprained ankle. Unless something really horrific happened during the injury (which I doubt). It's great to see that there's just more and more BS being published about PTSD

9. anthony

No... this was a softball injury. The person thinks they have; is trying to say they got PTSD from the neglect and feeling bad about letting the team down, blah blah, all from a sprained ankle playing softball.

It is the biggest load of wank I have read in a long long time.

TheBubzilla and rainy_daze like this.
  10. anthony

Thank goodness, we have some clarity from Renee Newcomer on the actual study perpetuated, and that the columnist actually wrote their research incorrectly, and more diligently outlining minor infractions within the study, instead of the true analysis.

Renee private messaged me about the actual study, which I will show a little piece here, which hopefully she won't mind, only outlining some of what the columnist got wrong, as the message content itself is private.

Now this really clarifies the purpose of the study, which is far better than what the columnist wrote initially. Thanks Renee, much appreciated. Totally agree with the serious injuries, especially the near fatal, as that alone is definately enough to gain PTSD, or some of the symptoms.

Much appreciated for the clarification of what I should off seen from media telling what they want, and not necessarily the actual facts of the situation. Thankyou again, and I hope you can provide people here your experience and advice to help them as you do others.

11. Lucycat

Lucycat "Wisdom begins in wonder." ~ Socrates ~ Premium Member

I know this is an ancient thread but it amused me. Whatever next - an injured ankle leads to avoidance! Isn't that what the body does to protect from further injury - you know, why pain exists in the first place.

Glad the researcher was able to put it right.

rainy_daze and Philippa like this.
  12. Abstract

Abstract I'm a VIP Premium Member

Newspapers can do the most extraordinarily create things with the truth just with language use and omission. I don't trust anything I read these days!

rainy_daze and Philippa like this.
  13. permban0078

permban0078 Policy Enforcement Banned Premium Member

Thanks I needed a good laugh!

The sad thing is that the article is what the public sees, not necessarily the full truth behind the article. No wonder people claim PTSD for getting a hangnail... :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Show Sidebar