• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Other Worried about lump in neck

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm reluctant to go to the ER because even if they bill me later, I'm screwed. I won't have any spare money to pay for it, and that just means more debt that I can't cover.

That's why I said pay $1+ Someone told me that if pay them, I believe it was $1 but it may have been $5, that they cannot write it off to a collection agency because you are indeed paying on it. I dont know if thats true though.

My step mom had an entire surgery for free. She signed up for financial assistance, since she has no income, the hospital covered it all. It was something like $115,000. Shit, an IV of salone is hundreds of dollars. Ridiculous!

Most of whats on my credit are medical bills. You have to take care of yourself medically regardless of abilty to pay. It is sad we live in a country where we are scared to go to the ER based on money.

And yes, I believe they have to take medicare. Call and ask.

@scout86 Luckily, my son has a different insurance provider. From what I can tell, kids get very good insurance through Medicaid, and he's covered everywhere. But my health plan is quite crap (I actually remember other people at the public aid office complaining about it when I first applied, but didn't think much of it at the time). I think I will just have to switch providers; am hoping that is something I can do over the phone, but experience tells me I will have to drive all the way back to the other county and go to the public aid office. (They don't answer their phones, literally, ever).

@Fadeaway Thanks, that is what I'm thinking as well. Probably nothing serious, and my anxiety is probably hyping it all up in my mind.

@lostforgottensoul Thanks, I didn't even know you could do that. But then again, I've never tried. Will definitely look into it and keep the ER in mind if the lump doesn't subside in a few days ... for now probably makes sense to give it a few days in case it's just caused by stress/some minor illness.

Move that lymph!! (is what I sing to myself every morning as I jump on the mini-trampoline and walk and hula hoop and deep breathe)

I had never even heard of the lymph system prior to my drastic lifestyle changes.

The only mention I'd ever heard that included lymph was of the node variety and hearing of things being surgically removed. (then I'm reminded of the quote I heard a long time ago about surgeons often being able to remove everything but the root cause)

No one ever mentioned there's an entire system within our bodies that needs to be nurtured and remain flowing smoothly and how to best make that happen.

Cleaner diet, cleaner overall consumption regarding what we breathe, bathe in, apply and absorb through our body's largest organ (the skin), deep breathing on purpose throughout the day, every day, and much purposeful daily movement, most especially on the mini-tramp are things I do to try to keep it healthily on the move.

Some or none of that may be helpful. I've not had that particular issue of finding lumps, but have benefited greatly in trying to avoid it. May it subside and all be well.

experience tells me I will have to drive all the way back to the other county
I think you probably have to go to the office in the county where you are now. You're kind of being transferred from the old county to the new one.

Here, we have 2 (maybe 3?) forms of government subsidized health care. You, ideally, get to pick an insurance company, but they've been leaving in droves, so you don't always have a choice. As far as I know, all family members, here, are usually with the same company, but benefits vary some, so, yeah, coverage for kids is great. It's actually usually a bit better for moms too. All the differences between states make it confusing, for sure, but I'm pretty sure you're next step is going to be to get signed on in the new county. It's quite possible your old insurance company isn't even offered in that county. (Which is why no one takes it.)

@scout86 Yes, I hadn't changed my address with them yet because I made the move right after their 6-month report update thing, when I had to confirm my address and update all contact information. At that time, I knew I was moving but didn't know where to, so put down my sister's address and listed a new rent amount (because I knew I'd be paying more than at my grandma's). I've been worried to update my info now because i think they might ask why I've been relocating so much and whether I can prove how much I've been paying in rent. Maybe they don't really care anyway, but they've been pretty adamant in reminding me (and everyone else) that they'll cut you off if you don't provide accurate information. I guess I will have to change counties though. Maybe it will actually be easier to deal with them in my new county.

I've been worried to update my info now because i think they might ask why I've been relocating so much
That's exactly the kind of thing I tend to worry about too. One of the things I've learned, since the ACA, and I got into the system, is that they don't pay nearly as much attention to detail as I'd think they do. Poor people move a lot. I doubt they'll ask any questions. From what I here, someone as conscientious as you are is going to be considered an exception to the general rule. (I can't tell you how many times my concerns have been met with amusement since this all started.) Fingers crossed that things will get better, not worse!

Great. Now there's a very painful rash on my chest, God knows from where. what is happening to me?!

Do you have a sore throat, fever or is your neck sore??? Exhaustion???

I think I figured out what it is, and it's not good. Scabies. Apparently that causes such a rash and can cause swollen lymph nodes in the neck. I did buy used furniture at a thrift store when I moved into my new place, wonder if that's where it came from.

If confirmed, this is absolutely awful. Because now my son and my cat are also potentially infected, and all the furniture and bedding in my house will have to be either discarded or disinfected.

I PROMISE you it isn't scabies. Nothing you described says scabies. What you aren't saying says it is NOT scabies in volume.
1. you noticed the lymph nodes first.
2. You haven't already made plans to hitchhike 2 hours away because your are so damn miserable you don't give a flying f*ck about the dangers of hitchhiking with a baby.
3. You haven't busted down the door of your local E.R. screaming "f*ck the medical bills, charge me $20 million if you must but get these damn things out of me before I take a scalpel and do it myself.

The mites that cause scabies in pet and humans aren't transferable so your cat can't get it from you and you can't get it from your cat.
When you have done either of those, then I might suspect scabies, because scabies is one of the most miserable experiences a person can go through. Also your neck is an odd place for scabies to be.

You can't get it from your cat and you can't give it to your cat either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back