• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Other Worried about lump in neck

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Fadeaway I really hope you are right. I've never had scabies and would rather not experience it. I have been reading up and it says you'd need to be in close contact with an infected person -- I haven't been in contact with anyone apart from my baby. And he doesn't have any rashes; I doubt he gave me scabies. The only thing is if it came from old furniture, but apparently that is very rare with scabies? It is starting to itch, though I guess any rash would itch, since it's essentially always some form of skin irritation. I really REALLY hope it's not scabies, because all the doctor's offices nearby are closed for the holiday (I am considering just asking them to bill me at a local clinic out here rather than trying to make the 2-hour drive). Fingers crossed that it will subside by tomorrow. I put diaper rash cream on it.

This is causing you some pretty serious distress by the sound of it. Maybe I'm over-simplifying here, but: if you believe that this may be a serious health issue, then despite the time, cost and inconvenience, you need to get it checked out by a doctor...

I know. But now my only option is the ER. All the doctor's offices were closed today and are closed tomorrow for the holiday; I spent all day desperately calling around. Am ready to give up and just have them bill me whatever the hell they need to bill me. I won't be able to pay it, but oh well.

Yeah, well, pretty much, that's what needs to happen. Because if it is something serious, if you think it might be, you can't actually afford to not get it checked out.

You were gonna give it a few days, that sounded sensible in the absence of other symptoms because there's a tonne of things that can cause a lump in your neck. But if you've decided it may be serious, does the bill for treatment really determine whether you get treatment?

The fact that you said it's just starting to itch rules out scabies in my book. You also neglected to mention something else which you would have noticed and been in extreme misery long before you have a rash on your chest.
I don't want to mention what these symptoms are because I don't want you to start looking for other signs, but trust me, you would be peeling your skin away by this point if it was scabies.

Hmm, I guess I should just stop trying to diagnose myself. It's just hard not to wonder what the problem is. Deep breaths. Calming down. Trying to stay rational. I've put up with a hell of a lot of unpleasant things in my life, I'm sure I can handle another day of discomfort .... and then will go see a doctor.

1.Describe your rash. 2.Do you have a fever? 3.What is the location of the lump? 4.Is it fixed or does it move?

1 It first looked like several small pimples on my chest, near my collarbone, then morphed into a bright red patch that burns and itches. 2. No fever. 3. The lump is on the side of my neck, I'm fairly certain it's the lymph nodes, and they are swollen. Question is why. 4. It does move, which is apparently a good thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back