• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Worried she doesn't like me

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you’re reading too much into things that she does.

I mean it gets to a point of nit picking.

If she does 99 things that show you she cares, and one that doesn’t (ie folding her arms), why focus on that ONE thing that most likely isn’t about you anyway?

My t has to treat me like a feral cat. She watches her body language very carefully because I'm always looking for a reason to bolt and her responding to me in any way other than verbally is a trigger.

It's been two years and I'm just now getting comfortable with her responding to me using body language. Which means they are trained to adapt to YOUR needs.

I would suggest letting your t know how you feel so she can adjust her behavior to reassure you. I'm guessing she would feel horrible if she thought you were afraid to talk to her and it left you feeling like she didn't care about you just based on how she sits in the chair

@Freida
It's good you have a therapist that is so atuned to what you need freida :)
I will likley tell my T I am worried she doesn't like me, but I will likley leave out the arm foldy thing. She does care, I don't want her to feel horrible, even for a minute.

Oh totally talk about the arm thing! She won’t feel bad! She will be glad you brought up something that bothers you. You can phrase it really kindly. “Hey, in addition to (whatever you say about your fear she doesn’t like you) I notice I worry a lot when you cross your arms. I wonder what’s up with that?”

Yes! Talk to your t. I have been talking to mine about this for 2 years. She has said so many amazing reassuring things and I still sometimes feel guilt that she has to listen to me for an hour a week even if I pay her for it. I know she “likes” me. But I feel like a burden. Which maybe feels similar. I realized I hated the clip board. It made me feel too analyzed and made her feel far away. And she would sometimes doodle. (Which I do. So I get it) When she didn’t use the clip board she would lean forward and I felt she was so much more present without it. I told her. And she hasn’t used it. Makes a huge difference for me. Those little details are important.

@UnicornSightings If I do bring it up, will likely bring it up like that, not that I get scared when she does it but rather more in the context so she can help me with my sensitivity to body language in general. It's a good opportunity to work on that. This isn't something she is doing wrong. It's just a trigger. She is awesome really.

@NightSky
I totally get that nightsky xD I love when mine leans forward too lolz. It feels like she is more..there?

Yes! Talk to your t. I have been talking to mine about this for 2 years. She has said so many amazing...
I’m so with you on the writing! My first t wrote stuff down which was super ironic because she couldn’t remember $hit, even with the notepad. I love that my new t just looks relaxed. It helps me feel more relaxed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back