• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Worst Birthday

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my worst birthday ever!!! My family member, my cousins didn't wish me but my friend whose only known me for a year did. I'm not allowed to go anywhere so yeah I'm going to spend MY birthday sitting in the house half of the day and the other half in tuition. You always expect your family to plan a surprise for you but its not the case with me, I have to plan a surprise for myself. If I don't plan nothing will be done beforehand. This year I decided not to plan anything and to leave it to my family to decide, I had very high expectations but as we all know expectations leads to disappointment so yeah they didn't plan anything and when I asked them whether I can go out with my friends a got a huge lecture on safety and some sort of rubbish. I'm sitting here and crying an ocean and there they are sleeping not giving a f*ck about me. I had planned soo much for my birthday, what to wear, how to wear my hair and all but they spoiled everything.

Hi sorry about your birthday.

I've got to ask though did you expect this? You said you plan your own birthdays and that your family don't do anything otherwise.

I think you may have set yourself up for a disappointment here. Not to say that is doesn't suck cause it really does and I'm sorry everyone deserves to be spoiled on their birthday.

I've run into this type of thing with my family in the past. I set myself up for disappointment by expecting my family to behave in a way they never have. (Expecting my mum all of a sudden to be this great mother and treat me kindly and listen to me, it was all a fantasy she's never done that before so why would she suddenly start?)I've been in the position of my family really disappointing me but we have a saying where I'm from "what do you expect from a bulls arse but shit?" What do I expect from my family now? Nothing but what I have evidence and past experience to expect.

It's sad and it sucks but whenever my family do something nice it's unexpected and really appreciated and when they're c*nts they don't hurt me because it's exactly what I expected them to do. It's not personal it's just them being what they are...Arse holes.

Have you spoken to them? It's hard to tell from your post if they are just totally unreliable. They can't read minds. Say to them I want a party but I really don't want to organise it myself so will you guys go it. Or whatever it is you expect on your birthday. Or say you guys didn't do anything for my birthday and it hurts me and makes me feel..... But you have to listen to there side of it. Maybe they hate parties and genuinely think they're doing you a favour.

Who knows until you talk to them. :hug:S if you accept I'm sorry you're hurting and happy birthday

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back