• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Xanax & Hunger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nessa7

MyPTSD Pro
I am going to be taking .25 mg of Xanax a few times over the next two months. It makes me absolutely ravenous. I have taken higher doses years ago without having this problem. I don't like taking them, but I'm struggling with hypervigilance when seeing doctors. Has anyone else experienced this and have any tips for how to deal with it?

A lot of antidepressants have an effect on appetite. I don't remember if Xanax actually increased my appetite but I do recall that it made me crave junk food. I also recall that I gave in to the cravings constantly. I never figured out a way to counter it. Eventually I changed meds.

I've taken Xanax for a long time. Taking much less now. Yah! I've never had an issue with hunger and Xanax. What I have noticed is that if I take it on an empty stomach, which is often the case, it does burn a little and give me wicked cotton mouth, but no affect on appetite.

Is this generic or brand? Generics can vary, so this could explain differences in how the medication affects you if you're on generic. Although mine is generic, I stay with the same manufacturer for this reason. The others don't work for me. You might want to check with your pharmacist.

I take Seroquel which is well known for inducing hunger. I have found that drinking hot tea when getting medication munchies helps a lot. I'd stick to decaf/ caffeine free in this case since caffeine will counteract the xanax.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back