• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

News Yogic Breathing Shows Promise In Reducing Symptoms Of Ptsd

Status
Not open for further replies.

myptsd

MyPTSD Pro
New research offers hope for those suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder. Researchers there have shown that a breathing-based meditation practice called Sudarshan Kriya Yoga can be an effective treatment for PTSD.

[DLMURL="http://feeds.sciencedaily.com/~r/sciencedaily/mind_brain/ptsd/~3/J8WfWx6xXkc/140911151651.htm"]Continue reading...[/DLMURL]

Last edited by a moderator:
This doesn't surprise me. I'm positive that if I hadn't have had such an extensive background with yoga and zen meditation in my early 20's I would not have made the same level of recovery as I have today. That and art as therapy were tools I had under my belt prior to my traumatic events, and so I was able to implement them straight away without the need of counsellors introducing them to me, or therapists. Deep breathing is something I made a regular habit, as city dwellers tend to breathe very shallowly to control the amount of pollutants they take into their bodies I think. Men naturally breathe from the diaphragm, but women need to learn how to do that and practise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back