• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

You know you have complex trauma when......

Status
Not open for further replies.
When the basics are both nauseatingly difficult and welcome ground to come to.

Been in this pit before. I can keep digging, camp, try to get up, holler at the darkness, shift biorhythms and /then/ holler, wait for the bats and spiders to f*ck my day slash become amazing companions, and -- right. I know what to do with basics. Now someone help me make tea and pay bills.

When your spouse says I love you and you say thank you because for years nobody did.
When you feel guilty for doing things you should enjoy.
When your kids trigger you with their behaviors.
When your kids trigger you because your not good enough.
When it triggers you when you take them shopping for clothes because when you were that age nobody was there to buy you clothes or food or shelter.
When you look back and sexual assault wasn't a big deal and you wonder if your just numb to it or if your primary trauma just negates it or if some people just aren't traumatized by that type of thing.
When sometimes you become someone who doesn't feel or act like you.
(relates to all ptsd) When you hide away to protect your loved ones from yourself.

in the darkest days, I felt like living at the edge. Triggering = Hell = Hell = Pain = I want to unexist. Mental hospital = Psychiatrists, Therapy, Group therapy, I wasnt able to go out of my apartment for weeks, I was a wrack..
After 7 years and a good therapist I can say I am doing much better.

You reframe & separate.

Not even minding it's doing the same mechanics that Effing Hurt.

You can deal with each separate aspect of the complex triggery clusterf*ck, if presented as a single goddamn aspect, on which nothing vital - or remotely important - rests.

You're busy not looking at the mess that is.
All around you've done that before, so do it again.

We're just assessing & ascertaining the course.
That's not feeling & emotional mindfulness not needed.

.......when every time a neighborhood child screams you are triggered....EVEN though you already checked and you know they are just playing....and happy....and safe.....and you are STILL stressed...even though you KNOW they are fine

:(:grumpy:

fm
fml
fmfl
:mad::(:grumpy:.....:(

When you're amazed at how fast being hurt spiralled you into being an antisocial sucker.

But you care about one person's goodness, and trust in it, being you. So you're still not inclined to act on all the ideas of what do, however compromised.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back