• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

You Know You Have PTSD When...

When you knew you were a bit behind with laundry, but didn't realise how behind until this morning you had no clean options apart from wearing your bikini bottoms as underwear and drying yourself after the shower with a teeny handtowel, which was only still at the back of the drawer because you long ago decided it was too annoyingly small to use even to dry your hands.

The washing machine is on as I type...

*When you pretend to be deaf in public places so you don't have to interact with anyone.

*When you cancel plans at the last minute because you just remembered that you don't like socializing.

*When you look at someone like they have three heads because they are quoting something that you don't remember EVER saying to them or around them.

*When people recognize you and start talking like they've known you for ages, and you have no idea who they are!

...when you start joining conspiracy theorists, and begin to believe someone is controling the minds of so many people; that major acts of insanty that end up hurting others & reported on the news are in fact programmed responses implanted in the minds of predisposed individuals. When reflected by others, they are not surprised by their actions; the programmers got away with another invasion. It isn't aliens; it's humans that capture and probe :eek:.

You've hit the wall so many times in your sleep it's got a restraint warrant out on you.

My partner woke up this morning and told me his ass was out to get me if I kneed it again in my sleep :oops:
And his arm has got a huge green bruise on it where I bit him.......apparently my retaliatory meter is not as accurate as it used to be.......

You know you're living with someone who has PTSD when...
*the sound of your wife snoring very loudly is actually comforting because it means she's actually asleep.
*you want to send the bomb squad into the house to deal with your wife first... just in case she's having an off day.
*you wear a cup everywhere you go and don't play sports.
*you wish there were a diagnosis for PTSDSD... Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Stress Disorder - a stress disorder caused by dealing with the symptoms of PTSD.

Oh DEAR!! This had me in hysterics.....probably because my black sense of humour realised that it was TRUE!!!!!

- when you've done your grocery shopping for the week at the gas station across the street at 2am and come home with nothing but froot loops and frozen microwavable lasagnas
- when doing laundry consists of washing a pair of underwear in the sink and picking up the shirt that smells the freshest from the floor as there's no way in hell you're walking down the hall of your apartment building to actually put in a load.
- when after a really stressful week you pat yourself on the back because you only burst into tears once a day and you only needed two days of being catatonic to recover when it was over (progress!)
- you don't carry pepper spray in your purse, you carry a big can of bear mace; if you ever find yourself in that situation again you want something that will take down a 2,000 lb grizzly.
- you didn't see anything unusually about needing to have a hatchet under your pillow to fall asleep (for an hour)

*When you cancel plans at the last minute because you just remembered that you don't like socializing.

*When you look at someone like they have three heads because they are quoting something that you don't remember EVER saying to them or around them.

*When people recognize you and start talking like they've known you for ages, and you have no idea who they are!

Oh, dear. These seem awfully familiar! Especially that last one...

when you spend the night in the hospital swearing you took enough pills to take down a rhyno and the toxicology report is clean.
oh yeah and when two security guards drag you out from under the bed and strap you down because one of then swears you bite

Back