• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

You Know You Have PTSD When...

yeah, I grew up with animals my entire childhood, and also have cats now, mainly cos I'm in suburbia now....but definately, animals rock.
Me, too! I realized last week that I hadn't had a pet for years; the longest stretch of my life! So, last week I went and was adopted by the sweetest little 9 mo. old black beauty, named Midnight. She is awesome and has been a great comfort for me while things are continuing to be very tough lately.

Hey, crazytrain, is midnight a cat or dog? I think cat but I could be wrong!:)

I am super glad you got a pet. Tonight I had to give my cat her flea medication. I opened that package to put on her and she freaked out!!! LOL. I couldn't believe she remembered after 6 months. Any one that says animals don't understand don't understand their animals.:D

Lol, yeah, my cats are the same, so I have got them used to being showered with me (I was bored :devilish:)
and then after I dried them off I used the flea liquid dropper on their back, and by that stage all opposition had been 'washed' away :laugh:
My gosh, I can't believe how good I feel talking to people on here....beats the hell out of the hr train ride to see my psych!

Am I the only one that feels 100 years older than they really are, has the cynicism of someone 20 years older, and yet has the humor and entertainment level of 4?
I have found myself hooked on Oggy and the Cockroaches, and Tom and Jerry......somehow their virtual angst and cast iron frying pan fights cack me up big time!
The silliest things entertain me these days, and honestly, I'm so glad to be glad, that I don't give a :poop:!!!
:roflmao::ninja::sneaky:
Gosh, I'm in such a stupid mood now!

Hey, crazytrain, is midnight a cat or dog? I think cat but I could be wrong!:)

Yes, you are correct! Midnight is a domestic short hair cat, full of purrfect love and affection for her new "dad"! The even better part is that now that I am hanging out with my mom and oldest brother is that Midnight has been great therapy for all of us! My brother and I are both separated from our wives (he is most likely headed for a nasty divorce; I am not...) and my mom has suffered from depression and anxiety for years, so we are one big happy dysfunctional family right now! Sadly, I may be the one in the best shape, too!

You know you have PTSD when someone asks you how old you are and you freeze, trying to remember,(Wait a minute, am I 18, 13, 12, or 11?) or you answer, but it's the wrong age, and you spend two minutes happily chattering about something, (Barbies- and their car, and their house) and then remember that you've totally got it all wrong.

Back