• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

You Know You Have PTSD When...

My partner is fabulous, he is my best friend too, and we have an extremely close bond.
I can do anything with him behind me because I know, and he tells me, that he believes in me.

My mother was a housewife for the better part of my childhood, but I think the comment was directed at the fact that I really wanted an education, to go and do a diploma, and then a Bachelor's, and I don't think that she thinks that I'll ever be capable of it.

My partner wants me to be able to contribute to the household financially, and also to be an educated person who has the option of supporting the family financially if something happens to him, that is the only reason he doesn't want me to be a housewife.

I think I was written off once I was diagnosed with PTSD.

You know you have PTSD when you put your freshly made lunch in the fridge to keep safe from the cats, and then start making another one because you're hungry and you haven't made lunch yet!

Shellbell, it's amazing isn't it how we manage to be in situations that perfectly fit that PTSD dynamic of constant attraction-to and avoidance-of things that are triggering. The weapon that frightens me most is a knife, yet, my boyfriend -- who also has PTSD -- carries a switchblade. He even got me one that's disguised (and even functions as) a cigarette lighter. I'm so wacky, though, that since the lighter is decorated in camoflauge (sp?) -- which is frightening to me too -- I redecorated it by pasting some butterflies on top of the camoflauge. Ha!:p[DOUBLEPOST=1351776770][/DOUBLEPOST]P.S. How's that for Flower-Power!!!

When your friend starts to tell you her plans for the day: "I'm going to get out of bed, have lunch, get a bath and..." You strop her there and tell her not to drown in the bath and start to have a little panic about it...

When you want to cry but its not safe to cry...

When your feeling so upset for so long and then your best friend suddenly makes you laugh and you laugh for a long time over something that's really not THAT funny...

Back