• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

You Know You Have PTSD When...

When you know you just aren't yourself. You know you should be feeling something a certain way after consecutive days of new trauma one day, then massive sudden reminder of old trauma the next...but you just don't. The thoughts are in your head....but you feel absolutely nothing about anything any of it.
Then you feel guilty because it feels self indulgent to feel nothing.

You know you have PTSD
When you feel like you are not living your life but just observing it.

When you meet someone new and if there's a click as if you known them forever is a huge red flag to get away as fast as possible. "Danger Will Robinson! Danger! Danger!"

When you curry favor from someone who doesn't like you even though you don't like them either.

When self-inflicted social isolation (like yesterday could've gone to Whitaker ball park and ate yummy food and watched a wonderful ball game with several acquaintances), hyper-vigilance, and some insomnia and lonliness (not alone but still lonely) are actually the order of the day! :wacky::notworthy::cautious:

You know you have PTSD when:

You wish you could keep moving and doing so you don't have to think.

When your thoughts are not yours but messages from unknowns you wish you understood.

When you wish you had a "block user" mode for whoever is sending those messages.

When you see "symptoms" and are surprised it never occurred to you that wasn't "normal"

When having a dream that made you happy & feeling free? Success of the year, so far. :D

When you keep meeting with people and it only reminds you why you're alone. Whatever.

I'll be the crazy guy feeding the pidgeons & petting stray cats from now on, some more. They don't ask silly things like 'How are you' (still alive, to my dismay, thank you very much) nor 'what have you been doing the past week' (missing people & wishing I could fix everything, except someone told me bitch nigga death fixes nada). Pets just purr, holler, and go.

When having a dream that made you happy & feeling free?

@Ronin
You reminded me of flying dreams. How I loved flying dreams! I had them so often, I would revisit places and people. Not anyone I knew but they were familiar. I would fly over familiar places over the elevated trains. There was an old man I would visit on a rooftop. We would talk and though I never remembered his words the feeling they were filled with important wisdom stayed with me.
There would be times when it was a long time between dreams and someone would there to remind and encourage me to simply lift.
How Amazingly FREE it felt. So natural and easy. There was no pain, fear or worry. Plenty of curiosity and wonder. There were different houses I would visit where I would not see anyone but feel their words.
I don't know why they stopped. I had them until I was well into my forties. I even coached others to just lift. ... it's easy

Back