• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

You Know You Have PTSD When...

I keep on being so preoccupied that I am forgetting basic things I knew like forum etiquette and guidelines and things in my life that I need to remember and it is so embarrassing to be here once again. I really need to pay better attention and focus on what I am doing at any given moment.

When there's gravel in the carpet because you keep tracking it in when you run outside in bare feet. in your underwear. at three a.m.

When stepping barefoot on carpet-gravel hurts like hell, but walking barefoot through broken glass outside is a mild tingling sensation.

When "crouch in the dark with a knife and listen for perpetrators outside" is part of your to-do list.

When words lose meaning altogether.

But you can't just gently palm friends' cheeks by the back of your fingers, nor spread palms over their hearts in 'got you', nor cover the backs of their necks in a similar gesture, so 'I'm happy you called and words don't say' some more.

& When: Shite with this making myself forget. I keep forgetting how badly nonverbal younger me was & that speech was a skillset to learn.

Back