• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

“friends”...are they worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flip flop

Confident
:confused: WARNING....BIG VENT/RANT BELOW

Right now, I feel frustrated and angry at my few friends.
The short form is I’ve changed and they ain’t.
Got no time for that. I see them as relics, dinosaurs, a collective albatross around my neck.

Unkind words, I know. So what? They’re pretty blind in their lack of consideration towards me, IMO.
Just because we’ve gotten along and I am no confrontational, they assume I must be a carbon copy of them in all of their outlooks, etc.
We used to work together. That is how we all became friends. They are retired and my situation is changed too. We don’t see each other often, and they now live far away.

They cannot understand a freaking issue I want to discuss. I don’t even think they know how to use the internet without a family member doing it for them! They asssume I share every last jot and tittle of their politics. Jeez! I don’t! I just politely listen, but they fail to consider the possibility that politely listening does not equal agreement. But,...oh god no.....don’t dare mention a political policy that adversely impacts my life....oh, god no..
Who the F——- needs “Friends” like that?

I made an appointment with my therapist, and I’m just going to have to talk to her about all this anger and frustration I have. I struggle with this on a regular basis because I honestly feel like I hate my former friends. I feel betrayed and I hate them for it.
Hmmm....feels pretty good to say that! :)
I am angry at them, I hate them, and I hope they suffer and go to hell!
Dear flake, worthless, former friends who make me feel sick just thinking of you,
Just go to hell, every last one of you rotters! You have become nothing but a drain on me, and I can’t stand to hear from you. We can’t ever discuss anything serious because you are crazy! I’ve got no patience for you anymore.

Whew. That felt even better. That felt great!!!

Well, .....much better now. Thanks for the vent space!

You could always tell them that you don’t agree with them on politics, or you could put down a boundaries and say that you do not want to hear about politics. If they start, hang up the phone, walk away, shit down the computer.... whatever you need to do, and then keep doing it...

I feel a bit messed up, so did not read everything but I´m glad you got it out of your system :)
I just wanted to say, as soon as your friends are "friends" (written like that), they are not. Real friends are true and blue, they are hard to find, but I am sure that everybody eventually finds people they were made for, and I don´t mean that in the romantic way in which it´s usually intended.

Thanks for the responses.
I was really ...um...ticked and frustrated earlier.
Hmm....guess it showed. LOL.

It can be good to vent!

I never made “friends” with the people I worked with. I mean what’s the point? Most “work” people don’t have much in common with me outside of “work”. My current work friends wouldn’t carry if I got out of the business.

Sounds like you need friends based on common interests. Not work. Unless you live/eat/breathe an awesome job that is all time consuming and it’s what you do for fun anyway. (Oh wait, that’s me....)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back