• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

“sleep scrapping”

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know I have a lot of anger built up but I’m just so good at bottling it up so nobody gets hurt. Considering I haven’t thrown a punch at someone In six years I’m somewhat impressed with myself.

But that usually translates to sleep walking, sleep talking, and sometimes sleep fighting, which can involve kicking and punching. my wife said that occasionally I end up uttering some really graphic death threats in my sleep as well. Like the night of me getting fired by some employer who was a complete asshat.

My conscious mind wouldn’t have said that or done what I said in my sleep.

Also the night before I was kicking around in my sleep as if I was trying to stop someone from choking me out. The way me wife described what I did it sounded like a night terror but I didn’t recall it at all. She knows now not to intervene if I’m sleep walking or “sleep scrapping” because one night she grabbed my hand as i walked out of the bed and when I woke up she wouldn’t let go of me and I yanked her right out of bed. I told her after that to not grab me unless I was running into traffic or something, because it’s just not safe to wake me.

Who else deals with this? I’d love to know how I can manage this problem.

I can relate. It makes me feel nuts. The best I can tell-mine is from head injury and there is a name for it that I can't recall at the moment. But I have had nightmares and called others in my sleep and sound clear as a bell, but have no memory of it when I wake up. I shared details of my nightmares as if it is reality. I sleep alone and have fear of doing this again. Others say I sound panicked. Makes me feel like some kind of nut. I bet in the future they will find out these behaviors are more common. You have done everything you can to keep your wife safe...be gentle on yourself as I know it can't be helped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back