• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Sufferer 70yo US Vet Retired With Chronic PTSD Due To Severe Child Abuse

Status
Not open for further replies.
My name is Dennis L Stevens and I am from South Carolina.

I am a US veteran with chronic PTSD, diagnosed by the VA, due to severe childhood abuse. I have received counseling & numerous meds for anxiety & depression. Nothing has worked. I recently read that a natural supplement, 5-HTP, is great for anxiety & depression. It is recommended taking doses of 300-400 mg each day. I have been suffering with debilitating depression & anxiety for a few years and I'm convinced my serotonin levels were depleted. I took 300 mg the 1st time and within 2 hours I felt a relief and a calmness that was unbelievable. Two weeks later and I am still feeling very little symptoms of my PTSD. I am using 5-HTP (Natrol) time release 100 mg tablets. I am a 70 year old retired male and this is the truth. Dennis L Stevens, Spartanburg, SC

Welcome to the Forum! Glad you are having a good response with a natural remedy. It’s a great thing to find something that helps.

(I am having success with Ashwagandha (3yrs) and a couple Amino Acids that I started 6 weeks ago. I believe it’s a Godsend to find supplements instead of prescriptions. I have been on too numerous Rx to remember at 64😉)

Please check out the many articles here that are helpful…it will benefit you greatly 🙂

Blessings for peace to come your way…

My name is Dennis L Stevens and I am from South Carolina.

I am a US veteran with chronic PTSD, diagnosed by the VA, due to severe childhood abuse. I have received counseling & numerous meds for anxiety & depression. Nothing has worked. I recently read that a natural supplement, 5-HTP, is great for anxiety & depression. It is recommended taking doses of 300-400 mg each day. I have been suffering with debilitating depression & anxiety for a few years and I'm convinced my serotonin levels were depleted. I took 300 mg the 1st time and within 2 hours I felt a relief and a calmness that was unbelievable. Two weeks later and I am still feeling very little symptoms of my PTSD. I am using 5-HTP (Natrol) time release 100 mg tablets. I am a 70 year old retired male and this is the truth. Dennis L Stevens, Spartanburg, SC
I have also just started taking 5-htp (50mg morning and evening and L-tyrosine (500 mg morning and evening) and feel unbelievably better! I still have had some emotional flashbacks at night, but just started it this week and my intrusive thoughts, anxiety, and depression seem to be gone! It is recommended to take L-tyrosine and 5-htp together at a 10:1 or 5:1 ratio to prevent the serotonin from depleting your dopamine over time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back