• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Medical A costly lie

• Thread starter Deleted member 8714
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 8714

Yesterday I saw my endocrinologist for my checkup. I have hypothyroidism and my endocrinologist checks my blood work every six months. This time he changed that to a yearly visit because I appear stable. It only took 14 years to get to this place due to poor regulation of my TSH/FT4 by various other doctors. I got referred to the endocrinologist because I had complications from hypothyroidism.

When I made the appointment back in the middle of August I told the receptionist that I was low on thyroid medicine. She had the gall to tell me that I wouldn't get any more until after I saw the doctor.

I should've, could've, would've called her on this crap but I didn't. Instead I took the alternate thyroid medicine which has dyes in it that I'm allergic to.

When I saw my endocrinologist yesterday I had all the symptoms of an allergic/sensitivity to food dyes including a stye on my eyelid, my most visible symptom. I told him what the receptionist told me. My husband was there in the exam room with me. I don't usually have him there with me yet I felt I needed reinforcement for confronting my doctor. The endocrinologist visibly bristled when I told him about being denied thyroid medication. He said that he gives a 30-day prescription until the appointment. I was on a 90-day mail order prescription.

I left the doctor's office feeling much better about my doctor. I thought he had denied the prescription.

My husband said he really liked my endocrinologist and understood why I've stayed with and made the 170 mile round trip to see him.

I think she's going to a fired secretary. The endocrinologist treats patients with diabetes. I couldn't imagine someone being denied their insulin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back