• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

A Long Hard Day Coming Up and Can't Sleep

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seeking_Nirvana

MyPTSD Pro
I kicked my son out of the house right before Thanksgiving and he hasn't spoken to me for over a month.

He called late last night and asked me to take him to his court hearing Monday. I said I would and it is going to be a 4 hour drive one way trip and another 4 hours back.

I'm so nervous because I have no clue what to say to him. He hates me right now and the only reason he called is because no one else will take him.

I can't sleep again because of this and I HATE driving. My nerves will be shot by the time I get home tomorrow evening.

I pray he forgives me and wants to come back home.

Any advice on what to say to him. I'm thinking I shouldn't say anything unless he talks.

Tammy

Tammy,

I don't know what to suggest, but I wanted you to know you are in my thoughts.

Nie

You are probably already on your trip. I pray that God gives you the right words to say and that He strengthens you so you can make it there and back. I can imagine what it is like. Commitments like that make me feel trapped. Because I never know how my body or mind will hold up. You want to be strong for the person you are helping.
I hope your son realizes this.
hjpalm

Hi, it went OK for the most part. He slept on the way there. On the way back we didn't fight. I think he will start speaking to me again.

The weather was horrible it was hailing when we left that town, and pouring down rain most of the way home. I felt drained and went straight to bed, but the storm is here now and the thunder woke me up so this will be another night with only 3 hours of sleep.

Thanks
Tammy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back