• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

A lot of changes lately - questions about therapy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Defaultxlove

MyPTSD Pro
So as the title says..lots of things changed like we moved my husband is in between jobs.

Today is the first time I'm not sure if my current team of people working over my health...are the right fit.

But I also have a very old symptom I call it that has resurfaced and thats signs of an eating disorder. I've been effectively managing it.

Basically I have my GP
My T
A marriage T
A neurologist

My health issues are complicated but I've been counseled and handling that mostly okay.

I moved to a new house perhaps I feel disconected.

All I know is I feel like I need a lot more help right now. Which also goes along with my nightmare one night that nobody was listening to me about my health.

I just also feel like dumping everyone and starting over.

Being alone is better for your health in the long run.
I'm not sure that's always true - the OP is talking about more than just their marriage.

All I know is I feel like I need a lot more help right now.
Lets start with the therapists. If you tried to take a step back, and ask yourself - what do I like about what my personal T is doing, and what do I think they aren't helping me with - do you know what those things might be? It might help you to write about them, here.

I just also feel like dumping everyone and starting over.

this is the one that continually gets me into trouble. my flight reflex is hair trigger. these days i like to keep my pro pot well stirred, but making too many changes at once ultimately confuses me further. a good therapy network (pro and peer) is hard too build. making smaller fine tunings

for what it's worth
moving to a new house would be a classic trigger for my flight reflex. big commitments are scary and a new house is a pretty big commitment.

@Paula I'm not sure what about I wrote gave an impression that I am better off without my circle of people. But I do appreciate your point that I could be alone. You are correct. But I just can't dump my doctors. Wanting to dump everyone is like me running away and being very overwhelmed.

Thanks for all the replies guys. I met with my T and she heavily encouraged I take the next couple days off, and I had to call my main Dr and he also said I am to be rested.

And I am seeing him next week.

I'm sending all calls to voice-mail until Tuesday when I'm on break.

Hoping I feel better soon!

my flight reflex is hair trigger.
This! Mine too! Where I have gotten overwhelmed and stopped seeing all doctors at once and always regretted it one way or another!

Thanks for all the replies guys. I met with my T and she heavily encouraged I take the next couple days off, and I had to call my main Dr and he also said I am to be rested.
Amazing idea! But, I would encourage you, once you aren't resting anymore, to try to back up a bit or even take things into smaller chunks. Or make a list of pros and cons of this doctor and that doctor. Having it written out like that really helps. Or all the above. Doing more then one also really helps!

Having a lot of medical issues, even if seemingly well managed, is a big stressor and really adds a lot into the PTSD cup. With PTSD in there, medical issues in there, there isn't much room for anything else. Some of the slightest things really set me over because my cup is overfillith. So you may feel that the medical issues are well managed but adding a big stressor like a new house can really add too much. Something to think about!

Either way, I totally get the overwhelmed, I just wanna dump everyone and go, thought! 🫂s!

Sometimes ya gotta listen closely to yourself. I have a chronic illness as well as the obvious. Years of living with it taught me to respect it and to listen to it. How utterly awful you feel with 80 over blood pressure probably had something to do with it. Sometimes a day or two to just rest is what you gotta do.

I wish I could get as good at listening to my PTSD.....

I took the days off and enjoyed the weather and family time. So extremely restorative. I'm feeling OK. Gotta definitely write stuff down and journal about my doctors. :) thanks so much everyone for the support!

I'm not sure that's always true - the OP is talking about more than just their marriage.

Lets start with the therapists. If you tried to take a step back, and ask yourself - what do I like about what my personal T is doing, and what do I think they aren't helping me with - do you know what those things might be? It might help you to write about them, here.
I'm ready to answer these questions

So I figured out it's not my personal T. Those feelings or confusions were because my normal therapy got interrupted by another similar traumatizing abuse involving maybe the largest triggers I could have. And her and I have since refocused.

The marriage T is the one I've had this feeling about the whole time. I know it doesn't matter if she doesn't like me personally I also don't think it's that but our personalities feel a little oil/water but she's too fantastic to leave.

I like my marriage T for being straight having similar outlooks/ beliefs in life. Staying extremely focused on our marriage and it getting better I like tha she holds us both accountable with grace and compassion.

So I need to figure out what my problem is. Maybe because her style is so different than my personal T it's difficult. Idk. Thoughts anyone?

And I now realize it's not my doctors fault I was feeling like he's missing something

Again it was due to my normal therapy being interrupted and my health getting worse from the abusive neighbors who went to very great lengths to hurt me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back