• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

a place for me to just be

hopetha2

Learning
I am going through a lot emotionally, having done a lot of inner work these last few weeks while my therapist has been away. It is bittersweet; I am getting in touch with parts of me who shut down decades ago, only to have them resurface and feel safe enough for me to experience their feelings. Their feelings and realizations about how they perceived the world because of what others pummeled into their psyche long before they even had words. Extremely painful stuff but it's necessary and good to have it come out. It gives me more of an appreciation of the world as it is and not as what 'I' have thought it to be. Enough for now..husband home. Need to connect.

I’m really proud of you for that! You seem to have self awareness and insight which is super admirable.
Usually I keep a diary for self reflection and progress because i like looking back and seeing how I’ve grown. Perhaps you could too so on any bad day you can just open it up and remind yourself how far you’ve come from square one :)

Back