• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

General A Really Hard Xmas - Younger Sister is Not Making a Happy Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tammy

Confident
This is going to be another long whine, hope no one minds.
For the past four months my younger sister has been in South Australia living with my dad and his girlfriend. While she was away Alex and my Mum got along really well. Now that my sister is back, it's like we don't matter any more. My mother is so wrapped up in helping Jessica out (she came home with huge drug problems- she's tried everything but heroin) that she doesn't have time for much else. I can undersand why my mum wants o help her but I can see that Jessica doesn't want the help. Alex and I invited my sister around for a couple of quiet drinks (they drank- I watched- can't drink when pregnant) and a few frends came around as well. Everything was going well for the first ten minutes. My sister then started talking in great detail about all these drugs and how good they are and by herself polished off two bottles of wine (she's 19); if she wasn't talking about drugs she was talking about prostitution and stripping! Alex has a substance abuse problem and I felt really uncomforatable with the topic of conversation because of this. I want to help my sister but I don't want to hinder Alex's development either. Anyway, my sister then decided that she wanted to go night clubbing, so she left me with my other sister even though she was supposed to be minding her! She had only been home for 24 hours, and she was going into town to meet an "ex" drug dealer! Alex now wants nothing to do with my sister. My mum is pissed because she thinks Alex's substance abuse problems are getting worse- even though she didn't have a problem with it before Jessica arrived back. I feel as though I am stuck between a rock and a hard place.

To top it all off, MCRS are stuffing us around so we don't even now if we'll have enough money to pay rent let alone do Xmas shopping. Alex is really angry about this and therefore abuses substances more and more and withdraws into himself. We argue for a few hours and then everything is back to normal til the next phone call or letter arrives. It just never seems to end.

I know I must sound really cruel, but I wish my sister didn't come home! I love her to death but she is using my mother, she is using me and Alex, she is upsetting my younger sisters (14 and 7) and she isn't even trying to help herself. I wold love to give a swift kick up the arse.

I have a beautiful 14 month old son, and I am 23 weeks pregnant with my second son, and all I want to do is run away and be by myself, just me and my kids, until everything is sorted out and life here resembles some form of normalcy. And I really enjoy Xmas but this year I just don't even want to be here... there seems to be nothing to celebrate. All the happiness and contentedness I was feeling has just flown right by and I don't see a way to get it back.

Anyway, sorry to bother you all, I just really needed to get it off my chest to a third party.

Hi Tammy

Sounds like a fun time...not!

Wouldn't it be nice if there was a place for us to go to retreat for a month or so! Maybe us spouses should start up a camp for ourselves so we can just get away from it all.... Where would you prefer, beach, river, rainforest. When I win lotto I'll find a nice big block of land somewhere & build us a nice resort for us & the kids!

Hope things get better for you soon.

Hey Jods
Les Hiddins The Bush Tucker Man started a retreat up north for Vietnam Vets maybe we could start one on the other side of Australia for spouses men and women doesnt matter:occasion:

Been eyeing off a place in the Clare Valley in SA. Wineries for us nearby & a few acres for the kids to run around in. Just gotta win lotto & away we go!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back