A Short History Of Ptsd: From Thermopylae To Hue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr.Knowbuddy

Policy Enforcement
For me and maybe a few others, that is the cure for the Beast, to go into combat. In my case it was the only thing I was f*cking good at. To this very day the excitement is still there after 44 years. On the other hand, maybe I just know what the out come would be for me at some point........End of Game!!! Easy way out when doing something your good at. I am not sure, maybe it's just an old man remembering his youth and dealing with getting old? (n)

J R

I long for battle. I think it's a big part of my depression. Feel like a washed out athlete who got injured and can't play ball anymore.
RE-4. Barred. Looked into doing a lot of other alternatives and basically wasn't willing to accept that I did my part. Nothing came around. Only thing offered was standing gate guard in Kosovo, leaving on my birthday, or try to finish school and make a relationship work. FFL wasn't very tempting seeing as I didn't want to fly to France and get told I wouldn't be allowed in. Ronin. Straight banished. If only I knew what it was like to struggle as a civilian before I went in. I would of appreciated it a lot more. Then again if I was back in on regular army active duty I'd surely be pissed off about something. Wishing I could sleep in.

Grizzly

MyPTSD Pro
I long for battle. I think it's a big part of my depression. Feel like a washed out athlete who got injured and can't play ball anymore.
RE-4. Barred. Looked into doing a lot of other alternatives and basically wasn't willing to accept that I did my part. Nothing came around. Only thing offered was standing gate guard in Kosovo, leaving on my birthday, or try to finish school and make a relationship work. FFL wasn't very tempting seeing as I didn't want to fly to France and get told I wouldn't be allowed in. Ronin. Straight banished. If only I knew what it was like to struggle as a civilian before I went in. I would of appreciated it a lot more. Then again if I was back in on regular army active duty I'd surely be pissed off about something. Wishing I could sleep in.

Readjustment sucks.

I had a hell of a time with it. Took a few years of pounding booze and strange women to realize I was stuck in the past. Your situation is a little different. I elected to get out. What a mistake. I had control of that.

But, I started to play my own Army. Lots of camping. Fishing in the mountains. Spelunking. Rock climbing etc. It put me back into something that was familiar to the military.

Shit seemed like it went away. But the beer helped that. And keeping busy.

Status
Not open for further replies.