• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

A simple poem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starfish

Confident
I need to share this simple little poem that came to me this morn. It is the first time in many years that I, for a moment, came out of the darkness of my mind to endeavor rhyming. I will count it as progress. Please forgive if too simple for you or does not make sense. It makes sense to me.

I start over 1,000 times per day
And hey, that's OK
After all I am made of clay
moldable, come what may
I choose the higher course, or I pay
I have the right to say
where my head goes along the way

I love your poem. Being creative can be so hard with ptsd. That whole side of myself has been shut down for a long time but I wrote a poem too. I hope you like it.

The girl in the well,
She's screaming to be heard.
I want to let her out,
But, if I do, she will claw her way into my belly,
Wrap my intestines around her like a scarf
Curl up under the blanket of my liver.
I vomit her out
Back into the well.
She's screaming to be heard

I love your poem. Being creative can be so hard with ptsd. That whole side of myself has been shut down for a long time but I wrote a poem too. I hope you like it.

The girl in the well,
She's screaming to be heard.
I want to let her out,
But, if I do, she will claw her way into my belly,
Wrap my intestines around her like a scarf
Curl up under the blanket of my liver.
I vomit her out
Back into the well.
She's screaming to be heard

Thanks for sharing your poem. Wow, descriptive. I'm learning that the only way to quiet the screams is to try to listen to them.

Thanks for sharing your poem. Wow, descriptive. I'm learning that the only way to quiet the screams is to try to listen to them.

I had crying a couple of years ago in my head.....listening and responding and meeting the needs of that part that had been trying to be heard....now, I think feels more respected and validated....the crying is gone....my thoughts are less chaotic without the crying......and life is a little more fun....as we do art, dancing, cook favorite comfort foods from the past, G-rated movies, and this helps to keep things in check. Journaling and poetry have helped immensely with the communication part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back