• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

General A Trifle Overwhelmed At Present

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kathy

MyPTSD Pro
Absolutely no need to reply to this thread, and no worries for me either please. Simply I am writing to inform everyone that it is once again extremely busy in our home. I have several PMs I have not yet answered, and several posts here and in private carers I wish to answer, however I simply have no more time for the next few days. I wanted to welcome new members and have done so, however to all the "old timers", please be patient as I need to devote most of my time to my family at present.

My son Travis is coming home from operations very shortly, and his wife wished to be reunited with him apart from their children initially, a sort of rare opportunity for them to be alone. So, she has gone off to be with him for 3 days, and so we have the 4 grandchildren, all under age 6, with us at present. One is a baby, one has mild autism, and all 4 are boys, so there is much roughhousing, injuries and resulting crying! :rolleyes: Additionally, our new puppy arrived yesterday. Thankfully it is paper-trained, however it is much more active than I anticipated and into absolutely everything! Our cat Chairman Meow is in a snit, jealous of the new furry addition no doubt, and has taken to unearthly yowling in protest... and does so in hard to reach places of course, so that we are unable to catch and throw him outside...

To top it off, my 19 year old just rung up asking if he and his girlfriend may come and stay with us for a couple of weeks, as they have just been evicted! Given all the current chaos, I would like to say no, however we do have an open door policy for all our children. Additionally, Colin and his girlfriend have been somewhat neglectful as far as using birth control, despite lectures from Jim and myself. So we are thinking of having them stay on the condition that they help look after the boys. Sneaky yes however it will be an excellent birth control reminder! :rofl:

Evie, bless her, is trying to be helpful by reading in bed to the little ones and letting them watch videos in her room. However, we have restricted her to bed for the next couple of days as she keeps fainting! We are a bit concerned, but there is literally no time to take her in to the doctor! We spoke to him on the phone and he says no worries, she is likely just exhausted and needs more rest than she is currently getting.

In any event, that is our crazy household at present! I hope to be back online once more after the grandchildren have departed. Take care all.

Wow Kathy I dont see why you would be overwhelmed you havent got that much on at the moment:rofl:
Hang in there and I hope things run smoothly for you over the next few days we will just talk amongst ourselves:wink:
Jen

Kathy, the same rules apply to every member of this forum.... you first, everyone else some stage after you. Enjoy your grand kids I say... I would.

Kathy,

For some reason I am getting the feeling that even though you feel a little overwhelmed....You are loving every bit of this. I bet you and Jim are having a ball with all of the grandkids, new pup, and just the thoughts of having Travis home must be the icing on the cake....

Enjoy your somewhat overwhelming household....I hope you have tons of fun...and get lots of rest later when they all leave....

Wendy

LOL I so laughed over that birth control comment for your 19 yr old son and his girlfriend!! it's so true.. put them in a house with a few young ones running around and they will go OMG not for me!!! Even though it does sound hectic it does sound like its a joyfull hectic anyway.. so thats much better to deal with then the troubled times!! have fun and don't pull all your hair out!! LOL

LOTS OF LOVE KATHY!!!!
Family huh??!!! Gotta love em!!!!
Look after yourself :kiss:, everything here can just wait!!!!!
Ryair xxxxxxxxx

Thank you all, I am on for a short while today as Jim decided to take all the children to Wal-Mart with him! :eek: As a typical male, he is quite certain he can handle it, however I fear he is in for a rude awakening! :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back