• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Able, willing and diagnosed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I to have this and I cannot function any more..I have been everywhere for help..I,am now sitting a...
Oooooooo I’m so sad for you Valeria I know the pain and the physical disability they’ve caused please know you aren’t alone ughh is it ok to post our phone number I’d welcome anyone who needs someone to talk to ☺️

Thank you for this. I was I initially told there was no way I could have PTSD. a) I was too functional and b) my trauma happened as a child. Long story short I was eventually diagnosed with PTSD. Turns out people with PTSD are pretty good at trying to get on with things until they get a reality check slap in the face, like I did having my own kids. Hmmm

You’re welcome. The majority of those with PTSD function in normal daily life… it is the minority who do not. Most with mental health a fully functional people who struggle behind the scenes, often in private, with their mental health issues. Most people would never know someone struggled with a mental health issue… and most don’t even know when they have a mental health issue… they just keep on going, things get better, and they never sought treatment or such. Resilience is strong in the majority of mental health in society.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back