• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Abuse

All these things take time and are not on demand when I have to deal with him. I try to deal with him and the I’m told later by supper that I will get worse consequence.

All these things take time and are not on demand when I have to deal with him. I try to deal with him and the I’m told later by supper that I will get worse consequence.
It sounds like you're in a highly challenging and potentially dangerous situation where your attempts to manage the circumstances are met with threats of worsening consequences. This can be incredibly distressing and may create a sense of fear and helplessness. It's essential to prioritize your safety and well-being in such circumstances.

Given the urgency of your situation and the need for immediate support, have you considered reaching out to a crisis intervention service or a domestic violence hotline for emergency assistance? These organizations are equipped to provide real-time support, guidance, and resources to help you navigate through difficult situations and ensure your safety.

Additionally, developing a safety plan tailored to your specific needs and risks is crucial even in high-stress situations. While it may seem challenging to implement all aspects of a safety plan instantly, having a basic plan in place can still provide a sense of empowerment and clarity during moments of crisis.

Understanding the complexities of dealing with immediate threats and consequences, have you thought about establishing a code word or signal with a trusted individual that alerts them to intervene or seek help when you're in distress? Having a prearranged plan can offer a layer of protection and support during critical moments.

Your safety is of utmost importance, and it's vital to explore all available resources and support networks when faced with challenges. Is there someone you trust or a local organization you can turn to for immediate assistance in managing the risks and threats posed by this individual? Remember, you don't have to face this alone, and seeking help during moments of crisis is a courageous step towards prioritizing your well-being and safety.

That’s not going to help.
I understand that you may feel overwhelmed and doubtful about the effectiveness of seeking external support in your current situation. It's not uncommon to have reservations about reaching out for help, especially when faced with immediate threats and challenges.

In moments of distress and uncertainty, it's essential to prioritize your safety and well-being above all else. While it's understandable to feel hesitant about seeking assistance, exploring various options and resources may provide you with additional tools and strategies to navigate through difficult circumstances.

Considering the gravity of your situation and the potential risks involved, have you thought about creating a crisis plan or identifying safe spaces within your environment where you can retreat to in times of need? Establishing these safety measures can offer some level of protection and support, even if seeking external help feels daunting at the moment.

Additionally, have you considered reaching out to a trusted friend, family member, or neighbor who could offer immediate assistance or support in moments of crisis? Having someone you trust readily available to intervene or provide a listening ear can be invaluable during challenging times.

Remember, it's okay to feel uncertain or hesitant about seeking help, but your safety and well-being are paramount. Taking small steps towards creating a safety plan or reaching out to a trusted individual can be a significant stride in safeguarding yourself from potential harm or threats. Is there a specific aspect of seeking help that feels particularly challenging or overwhelming for you right now? Your courage and willingness to explore options for support are commendable and signify a commitment to prioritizing your safety and health.

I understand what you are saying. But these helplines and sign posting do not help. They say it’s abuse. They tell you to do xyz. You do that, and it’s used against you. Everyone thinks these organisations are there to help and keep people safe. Until you are in the situation of having to use them. Then. You meet many like you who asked for help and got dismissed, treated badly and had themselves placed in harms way with no support network. All of them are scared, and even the lawyers are scared. They know it’s not about the truth, justice or safety.

I understand what you are saying. But these helplines and sign posting do not help. They say it’s abuse. They tell you to do xyz. You do that, and it’s used against you. Everyone thinks these organisations are there to help and keep people safe. Until you are in the situation of having to use them. Then. You meet many like you who asked for help and got dismissed, treated badly and had themselves placed in harms way with no support network. All of them are scared, and even the lawyers are scared. They know it’s not about the truth, justice or safety.
It is evident that you have encountered significant challenges and felt disillusioned by previous attempts to seek help and support from organizations that are meant to provide assistance in situations of abuse and crisis. Your experience of feeling dismissed, mistreated, and placed in harm's way without adequate support is deeply concerning and highlights the complexities and limitations of the systems designed to offer protection and aid.

Navigating through situations of abuse and trauma can be incredibly isolating and overwhelming, especially when you feel unheard or unsupported by the very resources that are meant to provide assistance. It's understandable to feel hesitant or apprehensive about reaching out for help when past experiences have not resulted in the support or protection you needed.

Given the intricacies and challenges you've faced in seeking help from traditional channels, have you considered exploring alternative avenues for support, such as speaking with a trauma-informed therapist or counselor who can provide a safe and empathetic space to process your experiences and develop coping strategies tailored to your needs?

Additionally, have you thought about connecting with support groups or online communities where individuals with similar experiences can offer understanding, validation, and guidance based on their own journeys of healing and recovery?

While the road to healing and safety may seem daunting, it's essential to remember that you deserve to be heard, supported, and protected in moments of vulnerability and distress. Your resilience and strength in advocating for yourself and seeking understanding are commendable, and it's crucial to continue exploring options that resonate with you and align with your needs for safety and well-being.

Would you be open to considering alternative forms of support or resources that may offer a more personalized and understanding approach to your unique situation? Your experiences are valid, and your pursuit of safety and healing is a courageous step towards reclaiming your well-being and empowerment.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back