• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Military After 6 Years, Va Responded

Status
Not open for further replies.

QuietNow

Learning
I filed my case with the VA about six years ago. They "lost" my records at least 3 times. Then, they moved the case from my area to Waco, TX to get a decision done. When they moved the case, they did not get any of the records including the buddy letter from a fellow soldier attesting to the trauma involved (non-combat, so they need a buddy letter to determine service connected).

Five weeks ago, I got a check in the mail from the VA. STILL no letter of determination, but they paid me for something, and it has to be the PTSD case. I'd like to see the determination, but it hasn't arrived yet. We're working on six weeks now. I can't log into my old VA account because it's being shifted to the new MyVA website. And when I could get to the site, the records were in some sort of database not found error status. I think they pulled me out of the system to update and because of the change to the new MyVA, they didn't put it back.

I got calls from the VA medical center that I should come in and get an ID card made. So, something DID happen. I went up to the central medical hospital in our area that creates the ID cards, only to find that they were "shut down completely for new IDs until late Feb." I have to call up there to see if they're open to get my card made.

A week ago, a packet explaining VA medical services came in the mail. (STILL no letter of determination) I've been assigned Priority Group 2. (1 is highest, 8 is lowest, so I suspect they did rule the PTSD service-connected at last. It certainly wasn't given a priority like that because of the healed broken bones.)

My spouse and I both muttered that if a business ran itself like the VA, it would be out of business in a week. This is utterly ridiculous.

I think they are running out the clock on the letter of determination. This was a response to my Notice of Disagreement from the Waco TX knee-jerk decision (everything denied except healed broken bones). So I may only have 30 days from the decision to appeal if it isn't in line with where it should be.

That is unconscionable. I am going through sort of the same stuff with a long term disability company, but it is ridiculous to make you wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back