• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Sufferer Ah yes, another day - It is appalling to me that the majority of the population is extremely unobservant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

thatonechick

New Here
A former therapist recommended this site sooo... here I am.

I'm filled with rage. It is appalling to me that the majority of the population is extremely unobservant. A toxic trait of mine is expecting others to share the same level of hypervigilance and empathy...when really...most aren't empathetic at all.

Once, when I was attempting to confide in a former boss, someone I thought I could trust, I told her "I can't help when I will be triggered. Or how I will respond to that trigger. And it is embarrassing every single time." She said, "Honestly, we think your triggers are cute."

Excuse me...excuse me? Ha. Hahahaha. This. Right here. is what I mean. Now, all of you kings and queens who are still reading this (thank you, by the way) can understand how frustrated this made me. And still does.

Do any of you ever find yourself wishing that others could experience one of your triggers and the mental and physical effects that come with it? Just once? The fear. Racing heart. Sweating. Rapid breathing. That instant fight, flight, or freeze reaction and then the realization that there isn't really a threat, and a wave of embarrassment folds over. Knowing you panicked for no reason and now all eyes are on you, only to hear whispers of judgment instead of words of compassion and understanding?

Must be nice to have such a stable and structured life that you never even consider what it's like to constantly live on the edge.

Smh.

Thank you for your time. Much love 💜 keep fighting 💪🏻

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the forum! I am so sorry you have been through the things that have you feeling the dreadful anxiety reactions.

I have them as well…and it is SO freaking uncomfortable! Panic sweats have been the bane of my existance for too many years to remember…I can soak a face mask in 15 minutes in some situations.

Anger is one of my bigger triggers that has remained so I have to try to keep ahold on my emotions…which is always a work in progress…

There are great articles to gleen info from.

Most people are just interested in themselves and have never been taught empathy. It doesn't make them bad - just average, I think. Until the day they are traumatized themselves. And that's pretty much what happened to me.

Having been a normie myself, I can understand the complete lack of thought and understanding most people have regarding trauma issues. People don't want to know about it until they have to deal with it themselves. My partner, even though she is my biggest supporter, has no idea what I go through. I'm happy with that because I would never want her to go through what I did.

As we are people with empathy, I generally advocate for using that empathy towards the non-traumatized. They don't get it because they can't. But people who are assholes about it don't deserve our empathy, and can and should be avoided as much as possible.

A former therapist recommended this site sooo... here I am.

I'm filled with rage. It is appalling to me that the majority of the population is extremely unobservant. A toxic trait of mine is expecting others to share the same level of hypervigilance and empathy...when really...most aren't empathetic at all.

Once, when I was attempting to confide in a former boss, someone I thought I could trust, I told her "I can't help when I will be triggered. Or how I will respond to that trigger. And it is embarrassing every single time." She said, "Honestly, we think your triggers are cute."

Excuse me...excuse me? Ha. Hahahaha. This. Right here. is what I mean. Now, all of you kings and queens who are still reading this (thank you, by the way) can understand how frustrated this made me. And still does.

Do any of you ever find yourself wishing that others could experience one of your triggers and the mental and physical effects that come with it? Just once? The fear. Racing heart. Sweating. Rapid breathing. That instant fight, flight, or freeze reaction and then the realization that there isn't really a threat, and a wave of embarrassment folds over. Knowing you panicked for no reason and now all eyes are on you, only to hear whispers of judgment instead of words of compassion and understanding?

Must be nice to have such a stable and structured life that you never even consider what it's like to constantly live on the edge.

Smh.

Thank you for your time. Much love 💜 keep fighting 💪🏻
I agree, don't understand how most people live. And sometimes no matter how much progress I make, I'm still my same self. I understand the Rage. I feel it so much and it scares me. When I dissociate, some people misinterpret that as rudeness. people that look for reasons to be offended.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back