• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Alcohol Use, Abuse And Dependence

Status
Not open for further replies.

anthony

Founder
Alcohol-Use-Abuse-And-Dependence.jpg

Department of Veterans Affairs (DVA) maintain The Right Mix website, which contains everything one needs to know about alcohol abuse, misuse and dependency. If you have PTSD, chances are you have a problem in one area, whether it be alcohol or substance use. Alcohol and substance use is quite broad, and covers both legal and illegal items, i.e,. hard drugs, cigarettes, medications, etc., etc.

The Right Mix website can certainly help you with information in regards to your alcohol dependence. I know, I know, you don't have a problem. Let me tell you firsthand from my experience: if you drink daily, and drink more than 4 standard drinks, chances are, it affects your attitude, which if you have a family, it affects them. I've been there, done it, and lived through it.

This isn't about being an alcoholic, it's simply about whether you need alcohol to help suppress your trauma. Everyone I know with PTSD, or have met, every single one has had a problem either with alcohol or substances.

For the guys, who seem to be affected as a higher percentage, you should really take note of this page http://www.therightmix.gov.au and decide whether you want to live a long happy life, or a short miserable one. Even though you may think you're happy, chances are, you're not! Just some food for thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back