• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

DID All things did - dissociative identity disorder : experiencing feelings only when in other identity

Status
Not open for further replies.

2notbedefeated

MyPTSD Pro
I was wanting know what other DID"ers experiences have when expressing feelings.

I am frustrated that when I function in my, so called, "base" identity I feel absoultly nothing. I walk around feeling like a dead person just existing in a body.

My T has noticed that I only get in touch with my feelings when I dissociate into another identity - particularly my little girl.

Do others have this experience as well?

Hi hun... I have times where I feel like a dead person as you describe... I'm not real sure that this is just my "core" identity as I do have feelings. However, I know that some alters carry specific emotions such as Rage... as her name suggests, holds all the rage which I actually don't feel.

I think that in times of severe depersonalization, I feel absolutely dead inside. Like I am just a body moving and doing things but not really alive...

Perhaps it is a case of your core identity in a state of depersonalization and not just not feeling anything at all ever?

Feelings are tricky with DID I've noticed... but thanks for bringing this up. Interesting topic!

Rell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back