• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

All This New Tech Stuff Scares Me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

wildfirewildone

MyPTSD Pro
:frown:I am feeling quite a bit distressed about all the upcoming technological advances that have been posted lately.....I can't afford to buy the equipment and even if I could....I completely wouldn't understand it...especially when the times comes that I can barely handle the stress that I'm already under and would be dissasociating....I just recently got cable internet connection myself and at their lowest speed.....can't afford any more upgrades in the long forseeable future.....my disability income doesn't have any stretching capabilities at all due to the high costs of gasoline!!! :eek::drugs: going to take some...GIVE PEACE A CHANCE

Reactions: zoe
Hi Wildfire, the site upgrades and new features will suit cable already. Cable is faster than ADSL. The upgrades notices are more so people don't flip out, ie. give prior notice so people are aware... compared to if I just shut the forum off for a day or two, had countless people all emailing me that there is a problem, and then having to suddenly explain a whole bunch of new changes. IMO I thought that would piss more people off than not telling them, so that is why the notices exist.

I really don't think you have anything to worry about wildfire, because the forum structure itself, as you see it now, will not change. The notices refer to the chat software, which you already know how to use, and a few newer features that you will no doubt learn to use, just as you did the chat software when introduced.

I really am not trying to scare anyone with technology, just keep all members well informed, and provide the appropriate advice in the event you want to learn something new before it launches here, you can follow the links provided and give yourself plenty of time to do so.

Much appreciated though for your honesty, as I can use feedback ongoing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back