• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Almost Normal Interaction With People!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linda

MyPTSD Pro
For a pretty long time, the only people I had interacted for non work-relatedissues, were my family members. I do not remember myself establishing contacts, or being invited to a party or so on.
Since recent times, I started to hear something pretty new for me.
For example, a friend said: "Goodness, Linda, you are so sociable and outgoing! I would like to make friends as easy as you do!"
Or, all the sudden, I found out that my X-mas gift list is so long that I have hard time to complete it.
Or, a co-worker enters a non work-related conversation with me, talking about her family situation, recent break-up and so on.
Or, on my Thai-Chi class, someone asks me for a recepy of Russian Borsch, and even invites me to her house to teach how to cook it.
Holy cow.
This is something I never had in my life before.
Can say that it is exiting and a sort of scary, too.

Good Job Linda.......I hope that you continue to do these things with others too. It helps us to interact with other people, no matter how uncomfortable it feels in the beginning.

Hey Congrats Linda! That is something that is so hard to do i KNOW girl..
Go ahead! We are all super proud of you, keep it up.

Geneva

Linda, you are doing great. Like Geneva said, we are all proud of you. You are really showing progress.

Thanks a lot, everyone. Sincere thank to all of you.
I do not know you personally but anyway people in this Forim are special for me.:Hug_emoticon:

Wow that's awesome Linda. I am so antisocial myself, so that is really inspiring to me to read what you have accomplished! It gives me hope for myself, thank you for sharing!

Hey Linda, that is some great stuff to accomplish. I hope to get there soon, but I'm certainly happy that you are doing so well.

Tammy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back