• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Sufferer Alone in a crowd of people

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone. Im a 37 year old femal. I've never done anything like this before. I go to therapy but I've never been to any support group. I'm in a place in my life where the panic attacks are almost daily. My official diagnosis is PTSD, bipolar disorder and agoraphobia with panic attacks. Unfortunately, it's more CPTSD and I haven't always had the best coping techniques.

I have 4 kids, been married for 18 years and used to have all my stuff together.

I'm trying to get better but some days I feel so alone. My marriage is suffering. My kids are suffering. I'm suffering. I hope that having other people who really understand what I'm going through will help.

I have a history of physical, emotional and serial abuse as a child.

hello trying. welcome to the forum. sorry for what brings you here, but glad you are here.

i took my first steps toward recovery from child sex trafficking in 1972, at the ripe age of 18. my pro parade has been a valuable help in that recovery, my peer support network has been the backbone of my recovery and remains the backbone of maintaining that recovery. i often see my pros as the generals of my healing army. who talks to their commanding officers any more than necessary? my therapy peers are the fellow healing warriors who have my back in the trenches of recovery. i find it much easier to speak freely with my peers than my commanding officers. can you tell i'm an army vet?

**********coffee cup clink***********
here's to hoping peer support makes as much diff in your recovery as it has in mine.
welcome aboard.

Thank yall so much for responding. Just the simple hello, welcome has already made me feel better. I can take a deep breath and start to feel like people here aren't going to alienate me or doubt me or make fun of me. And arfie.....yes I can absolutely tell that you are an army vet (and your analogies secretly made me smile). Thank you all again.

@tryingtogetbetter
Welcome to the forum! I am sorry for the events that bring you here but glad that you have found us!

I have been here for over 10 years and can attest to the quality of the administration and the other members. I am blessed to know it is a safe refuge from the world's judgment mentality.

Blessings of peace to you and yours!💜

Welcome! I hope you find this site as helpful and informative as I have. Coming here has done so much for my recovery and hope it will for yours too!

That was an amazing article. I am a visual learner so having something that I can see in my head when I start to get overwhelmed might help. Thank you so much and I hope everyone here remember to try and empty their cup regularly.
Welcome!!!

It's an amazing article! Changed a lot for me. So did hanging out here, it's sort of a substitute social life with people who get you....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back