1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am i the only one? i feel so alone. why am i not able to find a resource when so many deal with this

Discussion in 'Sexual Assault' started by Yoli, Jun 25, 2018.

1. Yoli

Yoli Guest

I know that I'm not the only one with sexual trauma, according to statistics I am super super not alone... but i feel so alone in this and upset and hurt. I looked up so many resources and I found nothing! Why am i not able to find a resource for something so many people are dealing with? I hate this so much! I already have so much shame and just last week i was so motivated to finally get the help i have been needing but I'm having no luck and I am giving up. I opened up to my friend a little bit but she really doesn't understand and i hope that she never does understand. I just feel so alone. it feels like no one understands what its like to live with flashbacks, hiding, amxiety, night terrors, not being able to do certain things anymore... it changed my life completely and no one understands it...

Esterio and Swift like this.
  2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. Skywatcher

Skywatcher Active Member

I have felt that way before as well. It is really hard to explain it to someone. What helped me at first, was the bookstore and amazon. I went to the psychology/self help section and browsed through some on ptsd and rape. Then, I began therapy. My trauma therapist has been very helpful. I also go online and research symptoms that I have. You really aren’t alone. It just takes time to find a good support system. You will be okay and will get through this!

Swift likes this.
  4. EveHarrington

EveHarrington _______ in progress. Premium Member

Where do you live?

What have you tried searching for?

:hug:

5. ItsNeverTooLateToTry

ItsNeverTooLateToTry New Member

Don't worry, you aren't alone. I didn't seek help for that type of trauma until this past couple of years. I dont really know why there aren't so many easy to find groups. I only know by word of mouth that there are so many other people.
    I too, was ashamedbut I guess so many other terrible things happened to me , I overlooked it.

I don't knowwhat happened to you but it wasn't your fault. That person is a pathetic excuse for a human being. Don't allow him or her to have the power to keep hurting you. Sexual assault is often a crime of power, work on getting YOUR power back. Learn how to protect yourself, get some mace and a whistle. Learn from what happened and try to figure out how you can keep it from happening again.
    The shame you carry isn't your shame, it's your attacker's. Don't let that person have the power to burden you. It's not easy but, you have it in you!

6. Friday

Friday Raise Hell Moderator

The title doesn’t apply, but the resources listed in this post may begin to help you out, depending on location >>> Are you wondering if you were raped? read this first.

Similarly, if you google “Rape Crisis Center YourLocationHere” unless you’re very rural, you’ll most likely find many local resources, and if you are rural, sate/province/nation resources.

Show Sidebar