1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

American Jokes - Why Are Some People Asses?

Discussion in 'Social' started by Linda, Mar 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Linda

Linda Well-Known Member

Do you know who the Americans fool the new immigrants who do not speak English?

These are some jokes made to me.

-Linda, go to Rose (the supervisor), and say her "Kiss my A.."
    -What is that?
    -That another form of Good Morning.

-Linda, Can you do me a favor?
    -Yep.
    -Go to the manager's office and ask her if you can smoke pot at work.

-Linda, tell Joe that you want to do a blow job.
    -What is this?
    -Stoking boxes.

-Linda, are you a hooker?
    -What is that?
    -Hooker is a fisherman.
    -Of course! I was a total hooker in Russia!

-Linda, do you see that big guy there? Tell him that you like his balls!
    -What is that - another bad word?
    -No, he is a basketball player, so you let him know that you like his play.

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. permban0077

permban0077 Policy Enforcement Banned

I would not lump it up on Americans, people can be assholes no matter the nationality. Easy target for those who are truly assholes and more interested in making someone feel bad rather than do their job.

4. Portabella

Portabella Well-Known Member

Is this happening to you right now at work?

5. Linda

Linda Well-Known Member

Veiled, your are right: people of any nationality like to make such jokes. I just used term American because examplified how Americans were joking me :) Honestly, I'm not mad on these people. They were all fun to work with, informal relationship at the workplace, and eventually I was laughing with them, too.
    When my sister in law was studying in the medical school in Soviet Union, native speakers joked her in exacly the same manner.
    Portabella, Now I speak sufficient English and teach all my co-workers to swear in Russian!

6. Portabella

I really admire your tenacity! lol! You have an awesome way of being able to make lemonade out of lemons. :claps:

7. Linda

Linda Well-Known Member

This is actually hard to say whether a joke is appropruate or not. I would say, for as long as everyone feels comfortable with jokes, it is. People have different scence of humor, dependent on their education level, personality, development, background and so on. So, some people may be upset of the things which makes others to laugh hysterically.
    I have a good scence of humor, and enjoy to be both a joker and a subject of a good joke, for as long as it is not mean.
    Here is the story of one nice trick my co-workers made to me.
    I was working in Wal-Mart as an unloader, the only female among 5 men. Once, they said me that there are alive rabbits arived in the truck, and their cages are located in the very end of one. I believed them, and was worrying about poor bunnies. So, I jumped in the truck and started to throw the stuff on the belt so fast that 5 men had a hard time to grab it and put to trays! Whe I found out that there are no rabbits in the end, I was irst dissapointed, but then laughed with all the guys.
    And a nice joke I made to my collegaes in the animal hospital. In was April Fools, by the way. I came to work earlier, and wrote the whole list of the emergency procedures on the board, chosing the worst ones possible, like GDV, C-section and so on. Then I hid in my car, and called my supervisor that I'm sick today and can't come to work. I really gave them some hard time, as was the only surgery nurse on duty that day!
    At the same day, I called my husbad and said him that I'm coming from work with a large snake. He is afraid of snakes. :biggrin: As a revenge, he hid the computer and said that he had to sell it.

I feel that jokes are a nice part of the life, and they should present.

8. Portabella

When I worked at the Sheriff Dept one of the other deputies was forever pulling jokes on me. He had been my partner in the past and drove me bat shit. Well anyway, one day I went into the restroom and found that he had greased the toilet seat. He knew I was coming on duty and he was going off duty. So....of course I did not fall for it, my partner at the time warned me as she did not want me to get my uniform dirty at the beginning of shift.,as I might have to go home and change.

Anyway, I spoke to one of the officers that was a good friend of my ex partner and had him call him and tell him that I had slipped on the toilet seat and hurt myself and that they were opening an Internal Affair investigation and were possibly going to press charges. Then I asked the Undersheriff to call him in for "Questioning". The poor guy, I felt so bad, even though it was funnier than hell, he was pale and flushed when he got to work, he was shaking. We let him off the hook almost immediately and he took it all in good fun, did get me back though, won't get into that. But....yes a good joke can be fun. Taught him a lesson though.

9. permban0077

permban0077 Policy Enforcement Banned

Some jokes are funny and we should always have humor. I love the greased toilet seat story. But when they are taking advantage and hit a sexual nature that is certainly crossing a line (and we have laws against it here) and I would have likely knocked the horse snot someone. But that is just me.

10. Lisa

Lisa Well-Known Member

I enjoy a good joke too, and give as good as I get mostly :) I'm well known for my dry sense of humour, sometimes it gets taken the wrong way though....

Agree with veiled though - when I worked in retail when I was 17 the men made me the but of their jokes for my physical 'assets'. I got really sick of it, and when they put my name on the register as a sexually insulting name I calmly said to the manager, in front of all the workers at the end of the shift, "Do you have a sexual harrassment policy?" with a polite smile. The manager didn't find it so funny then.

Believe me, it did the trick and no one ever said anything of the sort again! I felt my own power!

11. Linda

Linda Well-Known Member

I think the jokes which are offensive for other people should never be made. Lisa, you were absolutely right when you stopped those men.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Show Sidebar