Sufferer An honest introduction - CPTSD & Depression - looking for community, catharsis, and a few shared trauma laughs along the way.

furiouscurve

New Here
Hi everyone.., I might as well just go for it right? My name is Lindsay, I'm in my early 30s, have been diagnosed with C-PTSD and Depression. I do the things I'm supposed to do to manage my C-PTSD (therapy, meditation, Prozac, EMDR), and I'm finding that I'm really craving shared experiences and connecting with people who can relate to the way I'm feeling on a deeper level. I'm in the middle of some major life changes and am really just looking for community, catharsis, and a few shared trauma laughs along the way.

bellbird

Sponsor
Welcome @hammocklover , glad you joined.

This is definitely a great place to connect with others going through similar experiences. I remember joining here, and being told "I understand". It was incredibly impactful, because I knew that they really meant it.

I've certainly shared some good laughs and tears in these four internet walls.

I hope you will find it to be a useful resource, too.

Best wishes.

Sideways

Welcome to the forum, I hope it turns out to be a good resource for you in your recovery. I could have written that introduction myself not that long ago, and I definitely wouldn't be where I am without the support and insight the folks here have offered along the way.