• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Emerg Services Anniversaries of a bad emergency call

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't even know how to respond to this. I can't begin to imagine. You had all those people watching you, and I am guess the crowds expectations were that you would do CPR, I can imagine a crowed of a hundred people with hightend adrenaline could get nasty fast if the first responders seemed like they weren't trying to save someone. I am guessing your stray from your training may have been instinct and might have even settled the crowed a little.

I know from my know nothing point of view on how victims of fatal gunshot wounds, I couldn't make sense of how the crime scene was handled during the murder I witnessed. It didn't fit my preconceived notions. X's that by a hundred people? It only takes one person to get a group riled up. What you did would appease an ignorant like me.

I could be way off base but are you sure it wasn't intuition, given people were insisting on CPR?

Oops, I missed a lot of posts some how. Didn't even see they were there. Or the date. I will keep it though.

Last edited:
Sorry to all those that listened to what I now know was the raving of a PTSD sufferer with holes in their memory files.
naw -- that just means you are one of us :hug:
But I get it -- sometimes when I put a timeline together I think to myself ..... WTH was I thinking? That was then, and this was then and how did I tie them together? It's all part of your mind trying to make sense of things that no one should ever have to make sense of.

thanks again everyone. I had a need to reread these helpful posts today and found them to be....helpful. Anthony has found a way to make it possible for those of us that can't talk to anyone about it able to. We needed that, I needed that, today, again. thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back