• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Anniversary of failed attempt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings
My date is the Friday before Memorial Day.

Don't know why I attempted, I was just sitting in the back yard with the dog and knew it was time to go to bed (I work overnights) and went into the house, went straight to the medicine and took alot of pills and beer and booze, I then went back outside and started hacking at my wrist.

My next memory is waking up in the ER 16 hours later, then got locked up for 8 days in the psyc unit.

It has been a rough go for the Mrs and me since then.

I excepted to come to a empty house many times.

But I would like to think we finally got the meds balanced, the VA has approved out patient care but no other opportunities.

Do I still have a chance to complete my goal of going away....... yep.
G

Second year. 2020 I am here.

Anniversary of perseverance day I am feeling ok this time.

Cheers to many more anniversaries @shatter eyes! Glad you're here with us. Thanks for sharing that with us @Friday. Sappy internet hugs to both of you! XO

If anything, it's a good day. Call it Perseverance Day, if you will.
You're a survivor. Nothing can stop that; no one can stop that.
Another year is another victory!

Looking back at last year post so much has changed within me and I thank you all.

Thank you to all.
It is now 2019.
I am still reading and processing the replies. Thanks for sharing in depth too.

Theres alot i want to say and yet its stuck in brain (TBI) currently.

I had several highlights in 2018 and i do look forward to the day where i stop questioning my existence and looking back. 1st one is the hard one and thanks for being here to help me through. Even reading and rereading helped me past the time and shift my thoughts towards hope.

I had a looooong sleep...

We are all still here. Strength in commUNITY.

CommUNITY ??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back