• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Antipsychotics & Muscle Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

EveHarrington

MyPTSD Pro
I’ve had incontinence issues for over 2 years now. Somehow my brain made me believe it was my “punishment” for my last suicide attempt 2 1/2 years ago, and I was convinced it was brought on by ripping out my catheter one too many times while in the hospital. I can’t stress enough how GONE my mind was during this time as it was a drug overdose. Everything was just foggy. Four days after getting released from the hospital I started taking Geodon. It has come to my attention that it is actually the Geodon that’s causing my incontinence issues. On the one hand I’m like “hallelujah God isn’t punishing me for my suicide attempt!!!” but on the other hand I’m like “oh f*ck this shit is f*cking up my muscles!!!!”

I’m in partial hospitalization right now and they are useless in terms of helping me figure out my meds. It sucks. My real doc is back from vacay tomorrow so I’m going to call him and see if I can try something else. Geodon works but I won’t risk damaging my muscles, perhaps permanently.

Just wondering if anyone else has had muscular problems due to antipsychotics? I really don’t enjoy the embarrassment of peeing my pants!

Hope you get some help soon :)

Quetiapine is antipsychotic, yeah? No muscle issues for me there with relatively high dose (~200mg) for the past year.

Just mad munchies :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back