• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Anxiety Attacks: What Do You Experience?

• Thread starter Deleted member 541
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 541

I have been having anxiety attacks again, due to some stress that I have been going through lately, and wanted to know what everyone else experiences.

I guess I get the usual symptoms that most get with anxiety attacks. I pace, have a hard time sitting still, some fear involved. The floor feels like it is moving, when I walk. I feel like I am moving in slow motion, and the world is at hyper speed. I sweat a bit, but I also have some pretty weird symptoms, and wonder if anyone else does too.

First off, my eyes get VERY bloodshot and glossy, like I have been smoking pot, and I haven't. I also have, not only fragmented thoughts, but my speech is fragmented too. I have a very hard time talking, and getting words out in one piece, I talk like a babbling idiot, that can't speak the English language. I also have a hard time with movements of my body. It's almost as if I have some disorder, like Parkinson's or Multiple Sclerosis, my movements are very jerky, and broken. Like when I reach for something, the movement isn't clean, it becomes jerky. God, I am having a hard time explaining this........

Anyway, just wondering if anyone else goes through some of these, or if you have your own weird experiences/symptoms of anxiety attacks?????

My chest starts to clench up...and then it feels like I'm having muscle spasms in my chest. My heart starts to beat rapidly and it's an all consuming thought about my heart.
It's the worst feeling in the world!

The babbling idiot bit describes me to a T. I end up closing down, rock back and forth and don't speak, can't speak as I feel as if nothing I will say will matter. The sweating, feeling sick, loose bowels, pacing and give me some space...please! I also hyperventilate and yeah it puts me into a zoned state as if I have been smoking pot or drinking.
I am very lucky to have a best friend I can ring on the phone who is able to calm me down and talk me through the attack. I have come a long way though as I used to have them in shopping centres all the time. I can handle those ones now on my own.
Good luck to all of us who have to go through these awful experiences.

I have all of the above minus the pot smoking eyes. I look like I am having a migraine. I had this last night really bad. badly.

My chest starts to clench up...and then it feels like I'm having muscle spasms in my chest.

I agree with relax, it is one of the worst feelings in the world. The only thing worse than an anxiety attack is a worse anxiety attack. Not being a smart ass...just honest.

I get the upset stomach, can't sit still, rocking if I do sit down, lots of self-loathing thrown in for a little spice. I also find I have trouble talking and most forms of communications. I don't have the problems with my movements being jerky while trying to pick things up. Then again...I'm never still enough to even attempt to try and pick things up. I find I keep my hands in my pockets or wrapped around each other.

Lisa

I break out in the most embarrassing and profuse sweating you have ever seen.

I can be home, sitting in my chair watching TV. --OR--

I can be in line at the grocery store with sweat dripping from my chin while I tremble!

I mean intense sweating. It is rolling down my face.

I also get sudden, huge, thumping heart palpitations. They pound on my chest wall, every couple of seconds but in no particular rhythm. Then I start taking deep breaths to try and shake the attack.

All this physical abuse wipes me out. I end up completely exhausted and have to go to bed.

Well it always starts off with getting a really bad feeling about something... like something is going to happen. One time this happened to me at work. I had a really bad feeling about something....like we were going to get robbed at gun point and I had to get everyone out.

Anyway, then my chest gets really tight, then I start sweating, I get jumpy, I start shaking, I tense up, I can't think clearly (as in a start zoning in and out... I try to talk but sometimes I can't and when I do I forget what I just said or if I even said anything at all), I can't sit or stand still...I feel really uncomfortable...I'm cold but Im too warm at the same time.... The list could go on forever...

Worst feeling in the world? Agreed.

Manic

Well, for as weird as some of my symptoms are.... I am glad that I have company with them. I have never known anyone that talks like a babbling idiot, other than myself.

Strange, to know that even with symptoms, that there are symptoms within the symptoms, and that not everyone experiences the same.

Thanks for all of the input so far.

Extreme armpit sweating (it just rolls down my sides), heart pounding, and paralysis. I've had panic attacks ever since I can remember. I can get them anywhere. I didn't know they weren't normal until facing up to having something like PTSD.

I get *really* hot, flushed looking, and very alert to every sound, movement, and smell. It feels like there's too many people in the room. Everything is too close, too loud, or my clothes are rubbing me wrong. Colors become too vivid. My pulse races, my muscles tense, my back/shoulders starts aching, and it feels like someone threw a brick at my chest. Then it's the feeling like I have to run or else someone is going to get me, but I'm frozen in space. The longer I stay still, the worse it gets.

My chest tightens up and my heart starts to pound. I find it hard to breathe, and I think I'm going to die or faint. I start trembling and can hear my heart beating in my ears. I seem to be hyper-aware of every sensation in my body. I have to make sure that I use positive self talk, or else it will get worse. I tell myself that this will pass soon and that I'm OK.

I start feeling pains in my head and I'm naseous..........like I'm gagging.....like I can't get out of a room or something.........
terrible.horrific. not good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back