• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Anxiety + work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Divine

Learning
Hey guys, Im self employed and having a hard time with my anxiety from my ptsd stopping me from working, I can't focus, I get brain fog. I usually have to structure my day around what I can focus on/ have the spoons to do at each time of day but Im having to start a new funding application which is a big task (took me 6 months to write my first) and I'm struggling to manage the anxiety and get 'past' it and focus on my work. I cut down caffine, I drink camoile tea, I'm in therapy and I use CBD oil but I'm still struggling a lot of the days out of the week. I know my triggers but obviously we can't control our world so there are extrenal factors making me anxious too- things I can't resolve. But if anyone has any good coping mechanisms that would be really useful. I sometimes use afirmations but at time I find they make me think about things I wasn't focusing on already and bring up other anxieties.
thanks
x

Hi,
I am sorry you are struggling with this. I am going through this as well. At work the other night I couldn't concentrate at all. One thing I have done is to put together a music playlist that I put on in the background. It helps keep my mood up so I don't start having anxiety and intrusive thoughts as much which help me stay a little better on track with my work. Hydrating well with water and getting enough sleep help some too. I am also addressing it with my therapist right now.

I can so relate as I have only been able to work 2 hours a day for quite some time now with some days getting up to 4 if I am lucky and well grounded and rested. I too am self employed which is a blessing and a curse. A full 8 hours of sleep is key for me. I like the idea from @Cheryl42. I also pick the top 3 to 5 things I want to get done or have deadlines on to get for the day, and then try to go easy on myself if I get nothing else done. I get up at the same time every day, and I get fully dressed for work. They help keep a 'structure' of workplace vs. home in my head. Hope these help and if not, at least know you are not alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back