• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Anxious and unhappy with "doing"

Status
Not open for further replies.
s it possible to not necessarily back off from the activity level, but retetris things around to give yourself more rest/recharge time?
I really appreciate the support, @Friday. I'm just not getting that in other places. I think pain is a complicated thing for me. Professionals have always (until very recently) told me to push through it or they have made it very clear that I was making more out of it than I should.

I usually think that I am lazy and resting too much. I have come to understand that I'm really not, that those thoughts have come from other folks. But it is still very hard for me to stop or slow down once I get started with something, even if it's creating a lot of pain. Like today, I worked 830-5 (from home), went through and cleaned out 8 dresser drawers, cleaned the 3 litter boxes, did a load of laundry, did the dishes, and started cleaning the living room. My hands hurt sooo bad, all the way up my forearms. And still, I sit here and answer emails, write here, and work on the book I'm writing.

I used to sit for days on end and not do anything because of the depression. Now, I do and do and do. I don't know what healthy recharge time looks like. I *am* taking a week off (next week); my niece is coming over on Saturday, and we're going for a drive along the river then coming back here for lunch. I've scheduled several appointments (trying to catch up on medical stuff I just haven't had the time to do), and my niece, mom, and I are going on a day trip Wednesday. I think the week will be good. One of the things I struggle with is the schedule of work. I hate it. With the course I just completed, I'm hoping I will be able at some point to quit and put my energy into my businesses. My time will be more flexible, which I think helps me manage much easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back